Capital Markets Sr. Manager - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Capital Markets Sr. Manager
- Job Location
- New York, New York, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Capital Markets team as a Senior Manager.
Affirm’s Capital Markets team is responsible for developing and implementing the funding strategy for Affirm’s large and rapidly growing BNPL business - a complex function that requires adaptability, analytical rigor, and strong relationship-building skills across various functional areas within the company.
This is a leadership track position and this person will partner cross-functionally with Treasury, Quantitative Markets, Credit, Product and engineering to help take our business to the next level.
What you'll do
- Own a meaningful portion of the platform’s funding strategy in partnership with senior Capital leadership and the executive team
- Develop a strong understanding of Affirm’s business and how Capital Markets can partner across the organization to drive value for both the merchant and consumer sides of the network
- Analyze the performance of Affirm’s loan book and evaluate the impact of various funding strategies on the platform’s KPIs and overall capital management strategy
- Lead deal processes including sourcing investors, structuring, negotiating, and executing large economic transactions
- Develop and build relationships with existing and potential capital partners, bankers, ratings agencies, external counsel, and other key capital platform partners
What we look for
- 7-10 years of experience in fixed-income investing, trading, or structuring experience at a hedge fund, PE firm, investment bank - experience in an operating role, ideally at a top fintech platform desired, but not required
- Management and leadership qualities - ability to attract, hire, train and retain junior talent
- Growth mindset: high energy, low maintenance, adaptable self-starter that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Humility and a strong desire to learn and grow
Location - Proximal to New YorkEmployees in proximal-to-office roles have the option of working from an Affirm office in the U.S. or remotely, if they are able to return occasionally to the office with one business day’s notice and potentially for consecutive days, in order to fulfill certain job duties and responsibilities. For required in-office presence, Affirm pays expenses for travel to and from the office of up to 90 miles one-way. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.Grade - USA51
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds