Capital Markets Senior Associate - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Capital Markets Senior Associate
- Job Location
- New York, New York, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We're looking for an outstanding team member to join Affirm’s Capital Markets team! Affirm Capital is responsible for structuring, negotiating, and executing a critical part of Affirm’s revenue strategy. As a Capital Markets Senior Associate, you will own a significant portion of the platform’s day-to-day capital activities, which drive Affirm’s ability to scale its consumer point-of-sale lending business globally - this is a complex role essential to the functioning of a consumer finance and payments platform. The ideal team member will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Play a meaningful role in developing and executing on Capital Markets strategy to enable the company’s rapid growth
- Assist in structuring, negotiating, and executing various types of transactions, growing into a deal leadership role over time
- Take charge of communication with Engineering, Product, Commercial, and Credit/Risk teams to drive scale for Affirm’s capital platform and funding strategy
- Build and manage relationships with existing and potential investors
- Develop a strong understanding of Affirm’s business from a unique perspective and learn how Capital Markets fits into broader corporate initiatives
What we look for
- 1-3 years in structured finance, private credit, investment banking, fixed income sales & trading, or another credit-oriented role
- Financial modeling and transaction management experience, along with an understanding of fixed income principles
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of humility, accountability and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus, but not required
- Clear alignment with Affirm’s core values
USA Pacific OTE (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $147,000 - $176,500Employees in proximal-to-office roles have the option of working from an Affirm office in the U.S. or remotely, if they are able to return occasionally to the office with one business day’s notice and potentially for consecutive days, in order to fulfill certain job duties and responsibilities. For required in-office presence, Affirm pays expenses for travel to and from the office of up to 90 miles one-way. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Total Amount Raised
Affirm Funding RoundsView funding details