Business Process Manager - DocusignView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Business Process Manager
- Job Location
- Chicago or Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Business Process Manager
Finance | Chicago, IL or Remote - US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
This position will lead process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurements, accountability, analysis and discussion of process alternatives to arrive at best practices. They will work with accounting user groups to resolve process questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes to business processes to enable process efficiency, remove redundancy and introduce automation where possible. Additionally, this role will initiate and lead efforts to develop innovative solutions to unique and/or complex business challenges. Solutions may require coordination across the business as well as some coordination with other businesses, including multiple systems, or systems not directly controlled by the business.
In addition, they will educate others about process strategy and approach for how processes will be developed and maintained and provide consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance. The overall role requires a strong set of Accounting, Project Management and Communication skills as well as the ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives and manage competing priorities.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Director of Business Process and is designated Flex.
- Execute on and manage business initiatives, improvements, and projects for the Quote-to-Cash Accounting function
- Liaise with business leaders and stakeholders to ensure requirements, business goals and objectives are clear and align to concrete strategic and tactical plans
- Partner cross-functionally, as well as with scrum teams and team members to facilitate decisions necessary for project delivery and prioritization
- Design and manage operational and process standards for revenue end-to-end that can be widely adopted, including best practices, work procedures, application, quality objectives, lessons learned, change management methods, and key metrics for assessing progress
- Identify and/or create SOX controls
- Document, monitor and audit all SOX controls within Quote to Cash Accounting
- Document and maintain Accounting procedures and process flows Quarterly review of all processes to confirm continued alignment with procedural documentation and process flows
- Understand and utilize DocuSign’s strategic vision to make appropriate business process decisions based upon what is best for the company
- Be an expert in DocuSign products and systems, and propagate knowledge to the rest of operational teams by providing guidance and sharing best practices
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum five years of process and/or project management, consulting, or related business experience
- Knowledge of process management/improvement, Lean Thinking, Six Sigma methodologies preferred and history of improving processes
- Experience in Accounting or Finance team business processes
- Proficient with technology, including automation tools, AI tools, database systems, data management and reporting
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Able to work autonomously with minimal support
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Strong communication and negotiations skills (influencer)
- Confidant in working with management team members
- Technical enough to be comfortable asking questions to dig into development issues, quickly gather and synthesize information, devise a plan, get buy-in and move towards resolution
- Has the ability to see the big picture and work with a team to prioritize pipeline requests, ensuring delivery alignment without compromising goals
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $85,000 - $113,725 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Docusign Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Docusign Company Size
Between 5,000 - 20,000 employees
Docusign Founded Year
Docusign Funding Rounds