Business Infrastructure Engineer - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Business Infrastructure Engineer
- Job Location
- New York
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Business Infrastructure Engineer
Adyen is looking for a Business Infrastructure Engineer to support our teams in troubleshooting and solving IT issues. With a hands-on attitude, you have a natural enthusiasm for helping others and contributing to the enhanced productivity of our dynamic workforce.
What you’ll do:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot IT challenges — from the set-up of new users to assisting colleagues with questions to optimise our processes and systems
- Work closely with team members globally to provide support for Apple device issues, systems access, networking, and other IT-related tasks presented to you
- Look for new ways to continuously improve our global IT systems and functionalities
- Solve challenging technical problems and find new ways to automate manual tasks
- Provide high-level support to our rapidly expanding user base across eight different time zones
- Investigate and fix persistent laptop issues affecting our users (automate if possible)
- Prioritise recurring issues over one time failures and communicate fixes/changes
- Automate recurring issues in various ways (using Ansible, Bash/Python Scripting, Cron jobs, Jamf, Puppet, etc)
- Deploy and manage software packages using Munki for Managed Software Center (internal App store)
- Manage 4000+ Apple devices using Enterprise MDM/Jamf
Who you are
- You have strong, hands-on, system administration and network skills in UNIX based systems such as OS X and Linux, plus an interest in DevOps, internal services management, and can demonstrate a good understanding of up to date IT security practices
- You have experience managing a large fleet of MacOS corporate devices leveraged by enterprise systems like JAMF or similar
- You have worked with internal services such as Google Suite, Zoom, OKTA, and LDAP
- Experience with centrally managed as well as automated packaging, deploying, updating, patching, revoking, and blocking of applications on Apple end-user devices
- Knowledge of Scripting languages such as Bash and Python, with practical skills in automating repetitive tasks and streamlining the end-user experience
- You have worked with Config Management Systems such as, but not limited to Puppet, Ansible, or similar.
- You have an understanding of networking and firewalls, and see the benefits of using open-source software
- You are a flexible team player who has the ability to work independently and able make informed decisions
The salary range for this role is $100,000-$140,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Microsoft, Spotify, Adidas, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds