Business Development Representative - Southwest - AccelaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Business Development Representative - Southwest
- Job Location
- Remote Based
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ABOUT THE ROLE
The SaaS Business Development Representative (BDR) is pivotal to our New Business team’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing business development team and will be our boots-on-the-ground solution to building personal relationships with prospective customers. The role will partner very closely with marketing and will be focused on prospecting through various channels including but not limited to email, phone, social, live events and virtual events.
You will be actively involved in outreach to target accounts, inbound leads, and marketing qualified leads with the goal of gathering sales intelligence and handling early-stage objections. Successful qualification of prospects will include screening for potential fit and gathering specific information to determine when they are ready to work with a Business Development Executive.
We are seeking a results-oriented, motivated and strategic ‘hunter’ who is laser-focused on building sales pipeline within the North American market. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for cold-calling prospects and educating the market about the power of Accela and generating opportunities with net-new customers.
- Conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social drips using sales automation software (XANT or similar) to build cadences to connect with new prospects.
- Outreach to target prospects in support of sales and marketing campaign initiatives.
- Qualify the prospect and set appointments for the team to conduct Discovery calls.
- Professionally communicate with all appropriate levels of decision makers and influencers internally and externally with prospects and clients.
- Present the Accela value proposition including solutions, features and functionality at a high level to show decision makers Accela can solve their problems.
- Expertly research companies and contacts via the internet and other sales resources to match new contacts to our ICP.
- Secure key customer information to identify qualified “sales ready” leads and prospective customers to be nurtured for future opportunities.
- 2+ years of experience selling enterprise-wide solutions (both software and services) to local government agencies or the private sector
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
- Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding quota
- Demonstrated prospecting skills
- Familiarity with complex sales cycles and decision process
- Collaborative mentality by prioritizing ‘we’ and not focusing on ‘me’
- Results driven & competitive nature
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Accela Headquarters Location
San Ramon, CA
Accela Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Accela Founded Year
Accela Funding Rounds