Business Development Representative (BDR) - CoastView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Business Development Representative (BDR)
- Job Location
- New York, NY
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 40 million commercial vehicles, and many million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
As one of our very first Business Development Representative (BDR) hire at Coast, an early-stage startup, you will roll up your sleeves to do the critical work of selling Coast’s product. Coast is built to help businesses with fleets save time and money, and you will identify, develop, and close relationships with prospective clients. At the same time, you’ll help build out the sales strategy and vision for our customer-first sales organization. Your contributions will directly drive revenue for Coast, while enabling the long term success of our future sales colleagues.
What you'll do:
- The Business Development Representative’s role is to uncover and create well-qualified new opportunities through cold calling, email outreach, and networking
- Create & execute outbound campaigns (emails, calls) to book demos/meetings with relevant leads
- Research and prospect ideal customers and gather key lead information through open-ended questions and thoughtful conversations
- Understand the business, needs, and the buying cycle of the leads, building and nurturing preliminary relationships
- Work closely with the Account Executives and the rest of the sales team to accelerate the sales cycle
- Represent Coast with integrity and professionalism at all times in all written and oral communications while highlighting Coast’s value proposition and key selling points to raise interest
- Use Salesforce and other best in practice tools for your daily activity and process
What you'll bring:
- 1+ years of experience is sales or a customer facing role, B2B experience preferred
- Experience using CRM such as Salesforce or Hubspot
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 years college or university
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment: you adapt to situations on the fly while remaining calm and love problem-solving as we grow at lightning speed
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and fantastic with time management
- You’re an extremely clear and direct communicator, you aren’t afraid to ask questions to get to the bottom of things, and you have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be autonomous, take initiative, and truly own your own success. Our team is hard-working, resourceful, and confident… and not afraid of a challenge!
- An enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and creativity! This might be the single most important point
Critically, you must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits, signing bonus, and equity. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Coast employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Coast to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary range: $55,000 - $70,000 annually
- Signing bonus
- Performance bonus
- Equity grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company, with meaningful potential upside given the company’s early stage
- Benefits overview:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (vacation, personal well being, paid holidays)
- Paid parental leave
- $400 accessories allowance for home office setup to be spent on a keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc.
- Free lunch every Friday
Coast is founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously co-founded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5M in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Coast Headquarters Location
Coast Company Size
Between 1 - 100 employees
Coast Founded Year
Coast Total Amount Raised
Coast Funding RoundsView funding details