Business Development Rep - DremioView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Business Development Rep
- Job Location
- Remote U.S. - East Coast
- Job Description
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
Business Development Reps (BDRs) are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in target accounts for their regional Account Executives. The BDR will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact.
As a BDR, your work focuses on outbound and inbound sales strategy. You confidently share product or service information with outside prospects and are highly organized. You'll spend a lot of time making phone calls and preparing lists. Lead generation is your main responsibility; moving leads through a sales pipeline. A BDR identifies challenges and provides practical solutions to prospects. You also provide positive insights as a product knowledge specialist.
BDRs work for a diverse range of people and industries and your main function is to be a driven problem solver, identifying potential clients. Building interest with prospects will be the central part of your role. To do that, you must have impeccable communication skills, and a laser-like focus on lead generation and strategic outreach.
What you’ll be doing
- Increase pipeline through qualifying inbound and outbound leads
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while creating outreach strategies for new lead generation methods
- Outbound calls and emails to prospects
- Conduct market research to identify new leads
- Partner with Enterprise Account Executives, Marketing and other stakeholders on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts
- Articulate the key value of Dremio to a wide range of industries and personas
- Balance high volume and personalized prospecting to qualify leads
- Set up meetings with prospects and sales team
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Build relationships and educate partner counterparts on the value of working together
- Collaborate with Dremio’s partner seller counterparts to drive net new meetings
What we’re looking for
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral, with some public speaking experience
- Working knowledge of the enterprise software market or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member, making outbound calls every day
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Have experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach, Salesforce, LeadIQ or other similar prospecting applications while keeping track of dead-end leads
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and willing to collaborate in an exceedingly competitive environment
- Thorough understanding of commercial awareness and brand recognition to successfully establish rapport with prospects
What we need to see
- 1+ years' experience working in a Sales Development role
- 1+ years' working in the technology/software industry
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Remote work options
- Monthly “Get Stuff Done” (GSD) Days
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Quarterly swag surprise
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations. #LI-NR1
The compensation range for this position is $47,600 to $64,400 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. Depending on the position offered, the on target earnings (OTE) may include a bonus or commission.
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.
Dremio Headquarters Location
Santa Clara, CA
Dremio Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Dremio Founded Year
Dremio Total Amount Raised
Dremio Funding RoundsView funding details