Bilingual Oncology Nurse - Thyme CareView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Bilingual Oncology Nurse
- Job Location
- Remote or Nashville, TN
- Job Description
Thyme Care is the leading value-based cancer care partner, collaborating with payers and providers to transform the experience and outcomes for individuals living with cancer. The company partners with health plans, employers and risk-bearing providers to assume accountability for enhanced care quality, improved health outcomes, and reduced total cost of care. Thyme Care's approach combines a technology-enabled Care Team and seamless integration with providers, creating a hybrid collaborative care delivery model that guides and supports the entire patient journey. Thyme Care empowers over 300 oncologists nationwide through purpose-built tech, advanced data analytics, and virtual patient engagement, driving better care and outcomes in value-based arrangements. Thyme Care is a founding member of CancerX, and is backed by leading investors. To learn more about how Thyme Care is enabling the shift to value-based care in oncology, visit www.thymecare.com.
As a Thyme Care Nurse, you will be a clinical resource for our members, triaging their needs and providing clinical support via phone, email, and video throughout their cancer journey. This role reports into our Nurse Team Lead and in it, you will conduct clinical assessments, monitor our member’s health, coordinate transitions of care, teach members about their diagnosis and treatment, and coordinate end of life care. Most of your day will be dedicated to speaking with members and handling clinical escalations and outreach.
Within your first three months, you will:
- Have completed training and are up to speed on Thyme Care systems, tools, technology, partners, and expectations. You’re completing at least 20 calls with members each day. You work closely with our Nurse leaders and Medical Directors.
- Have built strong, trusting relationships with your members, where listening and empathy are the foundation for every interaction.
- Become comfortable with and correctly follow Care Team policies and procedures, escalation pathways, communications best practices, and documentation standards. Your ability to effectively engage and support our members is reflected in our efficiency metrics and quality standards.
- Support members and partner with providers in the oncology care continuum from screening, diagnosis, surgery, and ongoing treatment to survivorship or end-of-life.
- Be able to identify and prioritize a member's needs and assist them with care coordination and clinical support such as symptom management, nutritional support, coordinating discharge, connecting members to high quality providers, and supporting readmission preventions.
- Monitor member progress, provide regular updates, and establish targeted support plans with the healthcare team in case conferences.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with payers and providers to optimize care and prevent readmissions for our members.
- Partner with non-clinical Care Team members to support the member’s social determinants of health needs, for example, food resources, transportation access, support at home.
- Be available for urgent clinical escalations and clinical consult support.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- Act with our members in mind. Thyme Care’s mission, and in particular our member experience, matters deeply to you.
- Move with purpose. You’re biased to action. You know how to identify and prioritize your initiative’s needs, and do what it takes to ensure that urgent and important needs are acted on immediately.
- A Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing is highly preferred. A compact unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license is required and willingness to obtain additional state licenses, as needed.
- Experience. You have at least 5 years of nursing experience with 3 years of direct oncology nursing (not med/surg or float). Additionally oncology related certifications like Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse (AOCN), Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Specialist (AOCNS), or Certified Case Manager (CCM) are preferred.
- Organized. You’re skilled in juggling multiple tasks and working under pressure without sacrificing organization in your communications and documentation.
- Effective listener and communicator. You are winsome and articulate, but you always start with listening and you hear what may not be voiced, because you listen so intently to others. You build rapport and great working relationships with members and colleagues.
- Comfort with change and ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and/or startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- Comfort with technology. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. Experience with video chatting, Google Suite, Slack, electronic health records or comfort learning new technology is important. You are comfortable working remotely, and able to work in a quiet setting.
- Bilingual. You are fluent in Spanish.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
This is a non-exempt, full time position. The pay rate for this role is $39.90/hour. To perform this role you must be located within the lower 48 United States due to contractual limitations with accessing PHIs.
The shift for this role will be 8:30am-5:00pm EST or 11:30am-8pm EST. In order to ensure we have sufficient clinical coverage at all times, we ask that our Care Team be prepared to work up to 2 holidays per year compensated at a 1x hourly rate in addition to a 1.5x holiday rate.
We are a growing organization and recruit and employ a large number of these roles. Because of this, we actively interview for this position even when we don't have an immediate opening. Candidates who complete the interview process and fit the role are eligible for the next available opening. We will reach back out once an open position becomes available.
The Recruiting team will share more information about our hiring philosophy during an initial phone screen and can answer questions you might have about it then.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, subject to conflicting laws and exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
We recognize a history of inequality in healthcare. We’re here to challenge the status quo and create a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the members we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Thyme Care Headquarters Location
Thyme Care Company Size
Between 10 - 100 employees
Thyme Care Founded Year
Thyme Care Total Amount Raised
Thyme Care Funding RoundsView funding details