Bilingual Community Engagement Specialist (90% Remote!) - Pair TeamView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Bilingual Community Engagement Specialist (90% Remote!)
- Job Location
- Santa Cruz, California
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About Pair Team
Pair Team is on a mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities by connecting them to high-quality care.
Pair Team cares for the highest-need Medicaid recipients through a community-led, virtual care model. We take responsibility for the whole person by addressing not just clinical needs, but also health-related social needs such as housing instability and food access. We partner with local community-based organizations like shelters and safety net providers to coordinate care alongside our multidisciplinary care team to improve the wellbeing of underserved individuals and communities.
- Trust: We consistently strive to earn the trust of our patients, our clinic partners, and our teammates.
- Growth: We grow together – as a company and as individuals.
- Accountability: We act like owners and take pride in our work.
- Act beyond yourself: Our vision and impact goes beyond ourselves and so must our actions.
About the Opportunity
Pair Team is building a team of deeply passionate individuals ready to change primary care operations for those who need it most. We are looking for a highly motivated full-time Community Engagement Specialist who is willing to think creatively and empathically to help our team change the way people access healthcare.
We seek a full-time Community Engagement Specialist to play a critical role on our team by directly engaging with and enrolling individuals living with Serious Mental Illness/ Substance Use Disorder, experiencing homelessness, and/or those who have high medical needs. We believe in the power of trust and relationships to successfully engage those who may have never received the kind of whole-health care that Pair Team can provide.
This is a remote-forward role that requires in-person engagements 1-2x a month to enroll members in the community. You will work from home 90% of the time. For on-site days, you'll go to Pair Team partners with another PairMate - never to houses, residences, or door-to-door, and never alone.
- Identify, outreach, engage and enroll individuals into the program virtually through phone, text and email, and in-person at clinic, community based organization, and health system partner locations
- Seeks to listen openly to eligible members and meets them where they are – understanding that enrollment may require multiple outreaches and adopts a “it’s not my fault but it is my problem” attitude in all communication styles and approaches
- Offer education to our partners regarding Pair Team’s services with a focus on linking eligible members to the Enhanced Care Management program
- Explain the services and benefits of Enhanced Care Management, understanding that many may have lived personal experiences causing them to be initially hesitant or distrusting of the health care system
- Leverage your deep understanding of the community and best-in-class customer service skills to gain trust with eligible members and enroll them in the program
- Promote effective and timely communication amongst internal teams, clinic, community based organization, and health system partners
- Meet key enrollment metrics and to ensure you are supporting our mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities
- Effectively manage the end-to-end enrollment funnel, ensuring member’s continuation in the enrollment process
- Provide consistent updates on funnel stages including delays and blockers
- Proficiency in all additional internal/external technology tools utilized for the position
- 1+ year of experience working in a metric/quota-driven environment and/or with high-volume targets
- You are results driven with a proven track record of exceeding performance indicators
- You are physically located in or near Santa Cruz, California
- Field Ops requires you to maintain reliable transportation for engagement at clinic, community based organization, and health system partner locations
- Virtual Ops requires a quiet, HIPAA compliant and internet connected space
- Dedicated to working within and improving the community you are part of
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) with excellent communication skills with proficiency reading, writing, speaking, and listening in English and Spanish
- You have strong technical skills and comfort with utilizing multiple technology platforms
- A valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
- You are a fantastic listener, skilled at “reading people” and understand how others may be feeling or thinking based on nuances, uncomfortable silences, or questions they ask
- You have experience with high volume outreach and engagement campaigns
- You are reliable and comfortable in an environment that is ever-changing to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities through increased access to high-quality care
- You hold an active certification as a Community Health Worker (if not, no worries - we will provide CHW training!)
Because We Value You:
- Salary: $22-25/hour depending on experience
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Equity compensation package
- Flexible vacation policy – take the time you need to recharge
- We provide the equipment needed for the role - laptop, monitor, etc.
- Monthly $100 work from home expense stipend for your WFH days
- Mileage/gas reimbursement for your on-site days
- Assistance and time to complete Community Health Worker training (fully paid!)
- Opportunity for rapid career progression with plenty of room for personal growth!
Pair Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Pair Team, we value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic covered by federal, state, or local law.
Pair Team Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Pair Team Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Pair Team Founded Year
Pair Team Total Amount Raised
Pair Team Funding RoundsView funding details