Behavioral Health - San Antonio - VillageMDView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Behavioral Health - San Antonio
- Job Location
- San Antonio, TX
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Join Village Medical as a Behavioral Health in San Antonio, TX!
Clinic Location: 7579 N. Loop 1604 W., San Antonio, TX 78249
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Behavioral Health to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As a Behavioral Health worker, you will optimize and coordinate care for BFHC behavioral health population. The integrated behavioral health social worker is compassionate, helps serve the patients and assists those affected by issues such as neglect, abuse, domestic violence and mental health. Cases are handled by phone or in person. The integrated behavioral health social worker is in charge of assessing patients and gathering relevant information about each case, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services as appropriate. A key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm, empathize with patients and be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.
How you can make a difference as a Behavioral Health worker:
- Counsels’ patients and families regarding therapies. Develops and implements treatment plans.
- Reviews and modifies treatment plans as needed.
- Assesses problems, determines appropriate treatment types and methods, and implements intervention methodologies according to treatment plans and organizational policies.
- Ensures treatment notes are recorded in patients' medical charts by BFHC standards and organizational policies.
- Makes referrals to specialists as necessary and refers families to a wide range of community resources and services that are responsive to the longer-term needs of the family.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with community health resources to ensure appropriate patient access. May support implementation of community educational programs.
- Responsible liaison between the Behavioral Health team and administration, developing materials and educates staff on counseling, protective and family services.
- Assist in integration of the behavioral health model to provide in-house psychotherapy.
- Assists Medical Director in collaborating with community agencies and develops initiative to further increase the outreach and effectiveness of the Behavioral Health program.
- Trained in Trauma Informed Care, and actively utilize training in organizations initiatives including Bandera’s Chronic Pain and OUD program.
Skills for success as a Behavioral Health worker:
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously
- Detail-oriented and committed to providing safe patient care
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Flexible: Navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented; comfortable in an ever-changing environment
- Communication: Conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Collaboration: Team player
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution
- Humility: Low ego; engenders trust; respectful
Experience to drive change as a Behavioral Health worker:
- Up to 3 years of related experience is required for LMSW.
- Two (2) years post-graduate supervision experience is required for LCSW.
- Ability to independently conduct psycho-social assessments and provide treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational, and other diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities, and treatment procedures.
- Independent judgment and skill in utilizing supportive, problem-solving, or crisis intervention techniques.
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and data management software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written; bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- TX state clinical license (LCSW) is required or TX state license (LMSW) is required.
How you will thrive as a Behavioral Health worker:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You will work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you will make a difference. You’ll see a clear connection between your daily work and the advancement of innovative solutions for improved quality of healthcare.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical as a Behavioral Health worker today!
VillageMD Headquarters Location
VillageMD Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
VillageMD Founded Year
VillageMD Total Amount Raised
VillageMD Funding RoundsView funding details