Behavioral Health Care Manager - Iron HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Behavioral Health Care Manager
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About Iron Health
Iron Health is on a mission to close the gaps in women’s healthcare and give all women the kind of care they deserve. Through our tech-enabled platform and our network of multidisciplinary providers, we partner with OB/GYNs to extend the latitude of care they can offer and enable a whole-person experience for patients. We support women in all phases of life, extending care beyond the doctor’s office and enabling better outcomes and experiences for everyone. We know that many women rely on their OB/GYNs for primary care and behavioral health services, and we also know that many OB/GYNs are overwhelmed by their workload. Founded at Redesign Health with additional investment from the March of Dimes Innovation fund, Iron Health aims to create a world where equitable, quality healthcare of body and mind is accessible for all women.
About The Role
As a Behavioral Health Care Manager (BHCM) at Iron Health, you will deliver virtual care to patients through the Collaborative Care Model. The behavioral health care manager is a core member of the collaborative care team, including the patient’s OB/GYN and psychiatric consultant, as well as the larger care team. The BHCM is responsible for supporting and coordinating the mental and physical health care of patients on an assigned patient caseload with the patient’s medical provider and, when appropriate, other mental health providers. You will be joining an early-stage company and that brings with it the opportunity to influence the evolving clinical model. This is a unique opportunity to be able to provide needed services to women who currently do not have access to care. In this role, you will interface not only with Iron Health’s clinical team but also with the partnering OB/GYNs and their staff. This role requires you to operate with a high degree of autonomy.
The position will be fully remote within the United States with a strong preference to the Kentucky market.
Iron Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate, and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
What You Will Do
As a BHCM at Iron Health, you will work closely with the Chief Clinical Officer as well as a supervising physician and will deliver patient care both autonomously and in collaboration with our partner OB/GYNs. You will develop and maintain your own volume of patients under the supervision of a physician, working as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team made up of medical providers and consulting psychiatric partners to provide comprehensive, quality, and evidenced-based care by:
- Supporting the mental and physical health care of patients on an assigned patient caseload. Closely coordinating the care with the patient’s medical provider and, when appropriate, other mental health providers.
- Screening and assessing patients for common mental health and substance abuse disorders. Facilitating patient engagement and follow-up care.
- Providing patient education about common mental health conditions and the available treatment options.
- Systematically tracking treatment response and monitoring patients (via a registry) for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications and facilitating plan changes.
- Supporting psychotropic medication management as prescribed by medical providers, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment.
- Providing brief behavioral interventions using evidence-based techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy, behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other treatments as appropriate.
- Participating in regularly scheduled (usually weekly) caseload consultations with the psychiatric consultant and communicating resulting treatment recommendations to the patient’s medical provider. Consultations will focus on patients new to the caseload and those not improving as expected under the current treatment plan. Case reviews will be conducted by video.
- Tracking patient follow-up and clinical outcomes using a registry. Documenting video and telephone encounters in the registry and using the system to identify and re-engage patients.
- Documenting patient progress and treatment recommendations in an EHR and other required systems so as to be shared with medical providers, psychiatric consultants, and other treating providers.
- Facilitating referrals for clinically indicated services outside of the organization (e.g., social services such as housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, mental health specialty care, and substance abuse treatment).
- Developing and completing relapse prevention self-management plans with patients who have achieved their treatment goals and are soon to be discharged from the caseload.
What You Bring
- A Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) holding one of the following licenses: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW/LSW), Clinical Professional Counselor (CPC), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Psychologist (Ph.D. or PsyD), or equivalent
- Certified by a national certifying body
- Meet all state certification and licensing requirements as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), LMSW, CPC, LPC, or Licensed Psychologist in the State of Kentucky
- Active, unrestricted Kentucky license
- 2+ years of experience in direct patient care (internship not included)
- Ability to effectively engage and deliver brief behavioral health interventions to patients via telemedicine
- Dedication to providing evidence-based care
- Eligible to participate with all payers including state Medicaid as well as Medicare programs
- Prior virtual care experience preferred
- Prior experience interacting with physicians and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary care team strongly preferred
- Multiple state licenses strongly preferred
- High Speed internet access
- Instills Trust. Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions. Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Action Oriented. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Effective Communication & Integrity. Effective communication skills across various stakeholders. Able to attentively listen, provide timely and helpful information to support the organization, and encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Commitment to direct and truthful communication, with a high priority placed on being reliable, trustworthy, consistent, and authentic.
- Manage Ambiguity. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
What We Offer
You will work out of one of the following locations
Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Full-time base salary range of $65,000-$85,000, depending on experience, and benefits (medical, dental, and vision). This role may require infrequent travel for team meetings and/or conferences within the US.
Iron Health Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Iron Health Company Size
Between 1 - 10 employees
Iron Health Founded Year
Iron Health Total Amount Raised
Iron Health Funding RoundsView funding details