Behavior Interventionist - CorticaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Behavior Interventionist
- Job Location
- Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Cortica is looking for a Behavioral Interventionist to join its growing team!
In this role, you will provide direct behavior therapy services to individuals with autism and work as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team. This role presents an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, growing healthcare company.
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering the most effective treatment methods for children with neurodevelopmental differences. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care – one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member is instrumental in helping us achieve our mission.
Our culture and values guide how we work and treat one another. Cortica celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive environment, seeking ideas and opinions from everyone on the team. We safeguard equal rights and respect for all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status or other applicable, legally protected characteristics. All Cortica employment decisions are made based on an individual’s qualifications and ability to successfully perform the job responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Attend Cortica’s orientation and complete Board-Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) training
- Provide direct implementation of behavior-analytic services to children with autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental differences in both 1:1 and group settings
- Implement positive behavior strategies as developed and analyzed with the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Implement strategies with children including antecedent and consequence (reinforcement) strategies, based on developed treatment plans and strategies with their BCBA
- Work in the home, community, school, clinic or other designated settings with children and their families providing direct behavior-analytic care as determined in the child’s assessment and treatment plan
- Fulfill all documentation requirements including the use of data collection of strategies and goals, completion of session notes during the session
- Assist with individualized assessment procedures through preference assessments and data collection
- Work with families and supervisor to establish an environment supportive of treatment and education across all settings of care
- Follow Cortica crisis and emergency procedures, including de-escalation strategies, first aid strategies, mandated reporting
- Serves as a representative of the Cortica Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) program, demonstrating professionalism with all families and colleagues in written and spoken communication as well as professional dress and demeanor
- In this role you are occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Team members must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience working with children, preferably children with autism.
- You ideally possess a bachelor’s degree in a human service (or related) field; candidates with relevant work experience in lieu of bachelor’s degree will be considered; students enrolled in undergraduate studies will also be considered.
- You are currently a Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) or Board-Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) or are willing to obtain the BCAT credential via Cortica’s training program within the first 45 days.
- You are available to work some days, late afternoons, and evenings.
- You possess a valid California Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- You are skilled at using software and systems including electronic medical record systems and Microsoft Office products.
- You preferably have knowledge of HIPAA regulations to safeguard patient information.
Your Compensation & Benefits
Cortica cares deeply about the well-being of each member of our team, and we have created a passionate, caring, and growth-minded culture that helps teammates to thrive! We offer a sign on bonus of $250, and a wide range of benefits for full-time teammates including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching and rapid vesting, paid holidays and wellness days, life insurance, disability insurance options, tuition reimbursements for professional development and continuing education, and referral bonuses. Part-time employees who average between 26 and 29 hours during the week are eligible for sick time as well as medical, dental and vision benefits, in accordance with company policies, the employee handbook, and benefit plan provisions. We value our teammates and the experience they bring to their roles, and are proud to provide a compensation and benefits package designed to enhance all aspects of our teammates' lives.
The base direct pay range for this opening is $21.73 to $29.15. According to your relevant experience, education level, and location, you will receive compensation that fits appropriately within the range. The indirect pay for this role is $14.35 per hour.
EOE. This posting is not meant to be an exhaustive list of the role and its duties. Please review the job description in the following link: https://bit.ly/3IXd9qT
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Cortica Headquarters Location
San Diego, CA
Cortica Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Cortica Founded Year
Cortica Total Amount Raised
Cortica Funding RoundsView funding details