Backend Software Engineer - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Backend Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote, USA; Remote, Europe
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
The SandboxAQ team is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help develop and implement the next generation of cybersecurity systems. A successful candidate will be comfortable owning the end-to-end lifecycle of internal and external facing applications. The candidate will be part of a diverse team consisting of software engineers and cryptographers where they will play a key role in efficient and effective enablement of the technologies being developed.
- Define and develop software clients, CLI interfaces, APIs (GraphQL and REST) and data analysis pipelines.
- Deliver automated tests and documentation to support the adoption of these interfaces.
- Architect and build new features and products.
- Write technical design documents and hold reviews.
- Support other developers to help them grow in skill and knowledge.
- Integrate and augment machine learning prototypes into our production platform.
- Regularly evaluate the quality of the product you create and the code you write to ensure continued advancement of your technical skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- Interact directly with clients on support issues and new features.
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining software analysis tools (e.g. CLI, SDK) and data analysis pipelines.
- Preferably, experience building, deploying, and maintaining web applications or microservices with PostgreSQL and GraphQL.
- 7-10+ years of experience building software.
- MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Strong coding skills in multiple languages.
- Motivation to learn about cryptography and how it is used in the industry.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our Current Stack
- Clients (tracers, scanners): OCaml, Java, C++, Rust, Go.
- Platform: OCaml, Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL).
- Tooling: GitHub, Bazel, Docker, Google Cloud, AWS.
- Best practices: code reviews, linters, tests, CI/CD.
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation, please let a member of our Recruiting team know.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details