Backend Software Engineer - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Backend Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote, Canada; Remote, EuropeRemote, USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
About The Role:
The SandboxAQ team is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help develop and implement the next generation of cybersecurity systems. A successful candidate will be comfortable owning the end-to-end lifecycle of internal and external facing applications. The candidate will be part of a diverse team consisting of software engineers and cryptographers where they will play a key role in efficient and effective enablement of the technologies being developed.
- Build new features and products
- Build and optimize backend services for reliability and performance
- Analyze and debug performance issues
- Participate in code design and review
- Aid in adoption of good software development practices
- Interact directly with clients on support issues and new features
- Support other developers to help them grow in skill and knowledge
- Strong coding skills in several languages
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining web applications at scale, preferably involving PostgreSQL and GraphQL
- Motivation to learn about cryptography and how it is used in the industry
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
Our Current Stack:
- Platform: OCaml, Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL)
- Clients (tracers, scanners and fuzzers): OCaml, Java, C++ (OpenSSL and .NET APIs)
- Tooling: GitHub, Bazel, Docker, Google Cloud, AWS
- Best practices: code reviews, linters, tests, CI/CD
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details