Autonomy Engineer, Motion Planning - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Autonomy Engineer, Motion Planning
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, then we want to talk to you!
About the Role
We’re hiring a behavior prediction engineer in our autonomy software team. In this role, you’ll work with multiple stakeholders including Product, Engineering (hardware and software), and Operations to develop our behavior prediction system. You’ll be researching, designing and implementing enhancements as a core member of the team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Play an integral role on a small and focused team
- Research, develop and implement algorithms for behavior prediction for an autonomous vehicle
- Improve robot’s capabilities by improving its understanding of agents around it
- Leverage simulation to test and improve your algorithms
- Contribute to the architecture of a safe and redundant system
We’re excited about you because…
- Experience in at least one of the following: graph algorithms, optimization, probabilistic robotics (POMDP), computational geometry
- Experience in at least one of the following: computer vision, lidar data processing
- In-depth knowledge of data structures and advanced algorithms.
- Strong C++ experience
- Industry experience designing, implementing and extending algorithms
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or related technical field
- Nice to have experience includes:
- Experience with machine learning techniques applied to behavior prediction, perception or motion planning
- Experience developing robotic system evaluation
- Prior experience in the self-driving vehicle space
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details