Associate, Strategy & Finance - MasterClassView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate, Strategy & Finance
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours. Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a future office in Los Angeles, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
The Associate of Strategy & Finance will play a critical role in scaling a best-in-class educational streaming platform by blending data analysis, finance, and strategic thinking to help create a long-term plan and business strategy to help position Masterclass for growth. Candidates for this role are strong operators who enjoy tackling ambiguous problems with first principles thinking and love collaborating cross-functionally to drive results.
What You Will Do:
- Play an integral role in the Company’s long term strategy, including business planning & multi-year financial forecasts
- Assist in any ad-hoc analyses and deep dives into strategic issues to improve the collective understanding of risks and opportunities related to the business
- Provide leadership team & cross functional teams with data-driven decision support and KPI’s
- Streamline reporting processes by working with other members of the finance and accounting to develop standardized reporting packages.
- 2+ years of experience across a combination of investment banking and operating experience at a fast-paced technology and / or consumer company
- Financial & data analysis proficiency: comfortable with/in/around numbers and modelling
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners at all levels within an organization
- Strategic thinking: ability to understand how financial decisions impact business performance and strategy and demonstrated problem solving & analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and pride in accuracy
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
MasterClass Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
MasterClass Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
MasterClass Founded Year
MasterClass Funding Rounds