Associate Solutions Architect - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Solutions Architect
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be 136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is growing and gaining adoption rapidly across the globe with the most demanding and innovative companies and development teams in enterprise software.
We are looking for passionate technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the needs of our customers.
MongoDB Pre-Sales Solution Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to design and build reliable, scalable systems using our data platform. Our team is made up of seasoned technical sales professionals, consultants, software architects , and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment, and operations.
You'll work closely with our sales executives to help customers solve business problems by leveraging our solutions. You'll become the trusted advisor to a wide range of customers from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations.
This role will be based in Barcelona.
As an ideal candidate, you will have
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you all about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and products are inherently technical and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts
- Working knowledge and ability to code a modern scripting language (e.g. Python, Node.js, SQL) and/or popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with or knowledge of scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to be adaptive to an ever-changing environment, where you are constantly improving yourself, your team and (y)our processes
- High levels of organization in your workflows - you understand what it means to work with lots of customers and to prioritize and manage your time efficiently
- Min 1+ years professional work experience within software development, consulting, sales engineering, or related fields.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English and preferably French or German
What you do at MongoDB
- You confidently articulate the business value of MongoDB solutions
- You partner with our sales team to help ensure success in accounts ranging from small startups to large enterprises
- You align to support remote sales with activities such as technical discovery, demos, presentation, sizing, and documentation of technical decision criteria; working across a number of opportunities in parallel
- You implement and maintain technology toolkits to drive compelling demonstrations and POCs
- You advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB
- You translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits
- You will have the opportunity to help drive demand through participation in both industry-known trade-shows as well as account-based marketing events
- You demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in dealing with business challenges
- You have an ability to drive customer demand within a sales territory, by being self-motivated, proactive and understanding the importance of a strong sense of urgency
- You have situational awareness and react appropriately in group settings
What you will learn
- The rapidly expanding MongoDB product suite, including:
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake
- Atlas Full-Text Search
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, event-driven architectures, DevOps, cloud, security
- Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
- Exposure to a wide variety of market verticals and broad spectrum of interesting use cases
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details