Associate Scientist/Sr. Associate Scientist - Cardiometabolic disease - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Scientist/Sr. Associate Scientist - Cardiometabolic disease
- Job Location
- South San Francisco, California
- Job Description
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an outstanding Associate Scientist or Sr. Associate Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutics that can offer significant benefits for patients. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, independent and creative researchers with a high degree of analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Note: Job title level will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials. Candidates considered for the SAS position will have a Ph.D. and a minimum of 2-3 years postdoc experience. Applicants with Bachelor’s or M.S. degrees and equivalent experience are encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Do
- Independently design and conduct molecular, biochemical and cell biology experiments to advance small molecule and antibody therapeutic programs in cardiometabolic disease (eg. cardiovascular, diabetes, kidney, liver diseases)
- Generate testable hypothesis around mechanisms of action for novel targets and creatively identify method by which to test those hypotheses.
- Analyze complex biological data and present it in project team meetings
- Communicate effectively and collaborate closely with other colleagues
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s, M.S., or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related field with a minimum of 4+ years of experience conducting laboratory research in an industrial or academic lab setting.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience is strongly preferred
- Strong technical laboratory skills in mammalian and primary cell culture, generation of stable cell lines, gene overexpression/knock down and CRISPR gene editing,
- Strong competency with a broad range of molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, DNA cloning, western blot, ELISA.
- Experience in microscopy, the acquisition of high content images, imaging analysis
- Hands-on experience running cell based, enzymatic or biochemical assays.
- High attention to detail and diligent record keeping, protocol optimization with outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Maintain highly detailed, accurate, and timely records of experimental designs, results, data analysis
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity