Associate Scientist II/III, Arrayed Screening - InsitroView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Scientist II/III, Arrayed Screening
- Job Location
- South San Francisco, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About the role
The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, innovative methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology that address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. To accomplish this, we are expanding our team of life scientists to support our arrayed screening platform. We currently have two positions available and are excited for cell biologists with experience in high-throughput arrayed screening and genetic screening to join our team.
The Associate Scientists will be responsible for the development and execution of insitro’s arrayed chemical screening platform (Associate Scientist II) and development of the arrayed genetic screening platform, generation of SOPs and screen execution (Associate Scientist III). This is a role on the Bioassays & Cell Based Arrayed Screening team and part of our larger Technical Operations department, working closely with our platform automation team and therapeutic area experts. Reporting directly to our Associate Director of Arrayed Screening, the successful candidate will work closely with insitro's multidisciplinary scientists, automation, software and machine learning engineers to enable validation and screening campaigns for a diverse portfolio of disease areas. This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about therapeutic discovery and making an impact to patients!
If you are a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to impact drug discovery across multiple therapeutic areas, we invite you to consider joining our team!
- Develop, optimize, and perform arrayed genetic screening in immortalized, primary and iPSC-derived cells.
- Work collaboratively with therapeutic area teams to onboard and optimize assays for array based screening.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in electronic lab notebook (ELN) and follow all laboratory training and safety requirements.
- As an Associate Scientist II, you will be responsible for developing and executing high-throughput functional assays. As an Associate Scientist III, you will be responsible for the platform development, generation of SOPs and execution of arrayed genetic screening.
- Excited by challenges, solution-oriented, and motivated to contribute to a high-functioning team
- An exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions
- Data-driven and analytical, driving your decisions through quantitative insight
- Passionate about making a difference in the world through scientific innovation
- BS/MS in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or a relevant field, with a minimum of three years of drug discovery experience
- High-level experience of medium/high-throughput cell-based screening assays (96/384-well format)
- Proven ability to work as part of a collaborative team to advance drug discovery with strong familiarity with automated liquid handling instrumentation
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully complete experiments at the bench
- As an Associate Scientist II, you have experience with optimizing a variety of assay for high-throughput screening. As an Associate Scientist III, you have a proven track record of working and developing an arrayed CRISPR editing platform and have experience with high-throughput assay screening optimization.
Compensation & Benefits at insitro:
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $90,000 - $115,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate’s skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
About insitroinsitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning (ML) and data at scale to decode biology for transformative medicines. At the core of insitro’s approach is the convergence of in-house generated multi-modal cellular data and high-content phenotypic human cohort data. We rely on these data to develop ML-driven, predictive disease models that uncover underlying biologic state and elucidate critical drivers of disease. These powerful models rely on extensive biological and computational infrastructure and allow insitro to advance novel targets and patient biomarkers, design therapeutics and inform clinical strategy. insitro is advancing a wholly owned and partnered pipeline of insights and therapeutics in neuroscience, oncology and metabolism. Since launching in 2018, insitro has raised over $700 million from top tech, biotech and crossover investors, and from collaborations with pharmaceutical partners. For more information on insitro, please visit www.insitro.com.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
Insitro Headquarters Location
South San Francisco, CA
Insitro Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Insitro Founded Year
Insitro Total Amount Raised
Insitro Funding RoundsView funding details