Associate Product Designer - SpotHeroView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Product Designer
- Job Location
- Chicago, IL
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace. We’ve been quite busy, take a peek at some of our recent announcements.
SpotHero is seeking an Associate Product Designer who can build the core garage-facing product, helping garage operators grow their business by helping them set the right rates, create and update their parking information, keep their inventory levels optimized, and bring a sense of joy and simplicity to this crucial touchpoint. SpotHero is a leading consumer brand, and we’re bringing that passion and focus to our garage products.
What will you do:
- Partner on the squad design and product thinking process. Work directly with your Product Manager, support your peer Senior designer on the squad and engineering manager to create the best pricing strategy, facility management, and reporting tools.
- The problem space includes how users interact with machine learning data models, service design, stakeholder management, responsive web design, accounting practices, and on-site garage experiences.
- We’re a full-stack product design team and you will support your product from problem discovery research through final UI delivery, testing and iteration.
- Create holistic design solutions that address business and user needs by considering the entire customer experience through collaboration with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Be challenged to understand the problem space, building delightful and quality designs that drive results, and championing new processes to grow the Design and Product teams.
- Pair with other designers to help upskill the team and share your learnings.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics within a cross-functional team.
- Consult with internal partners on best practices to support SpotHero’s customers.
- Work with your product manager to continuously monitor the success of the product through analytics and other tools.
- Document, collaborate on, and reference our evolving design system.
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies.
- The typical week will look like: you will work with other designers to interview and build relationships with parking operators and parkers, survey our sellers stakeholders to understand how you can help them work with your garages, contribute to our mature design system, run ideation workshops with stakeholders, and explain desired user flows and final designs directly to your engineers to learn how to and build award-winning products.
How will we support you?
- Weekly design pairings with a senior designer to learn from some of the best in the industry.
- Partner with your squad’s Senior Product Designer and Product Manager.
- Focus on outcomes and see directly how your work impacts SpotHero and our drivers and operators.
- Be challenged every day as you gain more opportunities to own product strategy and design team processes.
- Sit next to and pair with the design team in our gorgeous office in Chicago.
- Join any of our Employee Resource Groups or join a mentoring program in a different career area.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 0-2 years professional experience (however, we focus on performance, not years) designing web or native iOS and Android applications.
- A portfolio that showcases how you think about service design, problem solving and design thinking effectively will help to grab our attention, but let’s talk about it!
- Solid understanding of the design process, Design Thinking, information architecture, usability, service design, and heuristics.
- Knowledge on when and how to use different user research methods, including user interviews, surveys, Fake Door testing, usability testing, contextual interviews, and market analysis.
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs for primarily responsive web, iOS and Android experience is a bonus.
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools, primarily Figma.
- Ability to meet and communicate deadlines.
Tools you'll be using:
- Design Documentation software (Figma preferred).
- A/B Testing Platform (Optimizely preferred).
- Product Analytics Software (Mixpanel preferred).
- Issue and Project Tracking Software (Jira preferred).
- User Session Recording Tools (EnjoyHQ preferred).
- Your voice. Speak up, form strong opinions, and share it.
Seeking Candidates in Chicago, IL
We don’t expect you to check all of the boxes! If you meet a few of them or are interested, still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we offer
- Career game changer – a truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Competitive benefits – we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental and Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Learning Budget + access to U-Demy! - We value growth and want our people to continue learning in their professional + personal lives!
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
Additionally, because we want to Remember to Signal, if you choose to provide us personal information in connection with a job application, please review our Applicant Privacy Notice which provides details about what information we collect and process about you in order to consider your candidacy.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.
SpotHero Headquarters Location
SpotHero Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
SpotHero Founded Year
SpotHero Total Amount Raised
SpotHero Funding RoundsView funding details