Associate Merchandiser - PerpayView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Merchandiser
- Job Location
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team builds simple, transparent and inclusive products that transform borrowing behavior and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 7 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time. Backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan.
Our office inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it. We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a new, open floor plan, river-front office. A coffee bar sits at the heart of the office with espresso, drip coffee, cold brew and tea options. The rest of the office has comfortable, open seating including: sitting desks, standing desks, couches, lounge chairs, and kitchen booths & tables. We provide catered lunches and weekly groceries so team members can make breakfast or lunch, or just snack -we don’t judge. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
The Ecommerce team at Perpay is on a mission to deliver on Perpay’s promise to provide affordable access to quality products and brands to a customer group that is misunderstood and underserved by traditional financial institutions and retailers. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Associate Merchandiser to join our team and help develop assortment strategies and manage agreements with brands and manufacturers.
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
- Drive sales by maintaining and executing our assortment strategy through the development of product, brand, manufacturer and vendor relationships
- Leverage customer data, market trends, and previous experience to identify brands and products that best serve our customer’s needs
- Assist in vetting new opportunities, tactics, and partnerships to achieve scale and growth
- Negotiate and maintain buying terms with vendors (price, quantity, delivery/payment terms)
- Collaborate with our visual merchandising team on how, when, and where to showcase products
- Establish a forecast for each merchandise category and make recommendations on allocation and goals
- Identify and troubleshoot performance downtrends
- Assess areas of opportunity or improvement where appropriate and communicate them to senior leadership
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of professional merchandising/ buying experience
- Familiar with the key elements of dropship fulfillment and 3PL merchandise models
- Comfortability leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to influence negotiations and persuade decision makers
- Ability to contribute meaningfully to brand, product, growth, and analytics conversations
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves to identify opportunities and suggest efficient solutions in a fast-moving company at the forefront of democratizing consumer credit
- Ambition, comfortability managing multiple priorities, organization, and passion for what you do
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Pre-tax Public Transportation benefit
- Relocation assistance
- Student loan company match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience in:
- one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- both e-commerce & fintech
- working cross functionally
This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
Perpay Headquarters Location
Perpay Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Perpay Founded Year
Perpay Total Amount Raised
Perpay Funding RoundsView funding details