Associate Manager, Sales Strategy and Operations - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Manager, Sales Strategy and Operations
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
Our sales and partner management teams are the heart and soul of DoorDash, helping us partner with top merchants (think restaurants, grocers, convenience stores, retailers) across the country to grow their revenue and help them operate even better. As DoorDash grows both in scale and scope of offering, the strength of our sales engine and organizational structure must grow with it.
We are looking for a Senior Associate or Associate Manager level in Sales Strategy and Operations to accomplish strategic plans that enhance sales productivity by helping our teams be more impactful in targeting and closing the most valuable partnerships at scale. You'll work between our sales, partner management, operations, product, and analytics teams to build the merchant foundation.
About the Role
You will discover and improve performance improvements across the sales organization and build the foundation for it to grow. This will include developing go-to-market playbooks, revenue optimization, strategic plans to enhance productivity, process redesign, product roadmap and launches, resource allocation and pipeline analytics. You will sit at the intersection of our revenue generation engine and our our teams, and will require prioritization and data-driven insights to ensure our teams are working against the right goals and have the tools needed to achieve them.
You will report to the Senior Manager on our Sales Strategy & Operations team in our Merchant Strategy & Operations organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Design and implement plans against the sales org strategy for "winning the merchant"
- Experiment – Use data to run sales tests and lead market intelligence efforts
- Improve – Build the best merchant acquisition engine so DoorDash continues to offer the highest quality selection for its customers
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic plans intended to multiply rep productivity
- Influence – Manage projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
We're excited about you because…
- You have experience in a similar work environment and share the direction of the company
- You can motivate people at all levels across a variety of job tasks
- You can translate high-level goals into applicable plans
- You have 3 or more years of experience in strategy and operations, business development, operations, or consulting; high-growth startup or sales ops experience)
- You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding
- You have experience in providing relevant recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL knowledge as well as experience with Salesforce
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details