Associate Manager, New Verticals - Delivery Quality & Logistics - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Manager, New Verticals - Delivery Quality & Logistics
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA
- Job Description
About the Team
We're looking for a hands-on builder and driven leader to help build and scale DoorDash's next billion dollar business, DashMart. The DashMart team is focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps.
About the Role
DashMart has a unique set of delivery quality, logistics, and marketplace challenges given our first party model and high order volume. You will help define our strategy around delivery speed, cost, and quality, working both operational and product levers to design new delivery logistics systems that amaze our customers. You will experiment and iterate quickly!
You will report into a Senior Manager on our New Business Verticals team.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build & Strategize. You will directly impact the dasher cost line item on DashMart's P&L and our speed and quality KRs.This means everything from high-level strategy to operational details.
- Analyze. You'll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead and collaborate. You'll work with cross-functional teams, including real estate, product and finance to help build this new line of business for DoorDash.
- Build the Bottom Line. You will also play a role in defining our delivery zones and their impact on speed and cost.
We're excited about you because…
- You solve problems. You're excited to think in creative ways, and you resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- You're analytical. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable modeling in Excel (can perform complex functions) or SQL & Tableau. You know how to measure impact and prioritize.
- You're equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You operate at the lowest level of detail, but you're just as comfortable thinking long-term.
- You're unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you. You thrive at defining and carving out scope and processes for you and your team.
- You have 4+ years of experience. You've succeeded in high-caliber cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
- You have a BA/BS degree
- Bonus Points
- You have an interest in coding (R, Python)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details