Associate Manager, Merchant Experience - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Manager, Merchant Experience
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; Austin, TX; Atlanta, GA; United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
The Merchant Experience Strategy & Operations team oversees Merchant satisfaction at DoorDash; our vision is to make DoorDash the most trusted delivery partner for your local deli, or your favorite enterprise restaurant. Together, we help merchants drive profitable growth and operate seamlessly on our platform. We collect data and act on feedback from our merchants; we work cross-functionally to prioritize their largest pain points and drive solutions with a Merchant-first lens. In this role, you will partner with our Mx Experience Product team and cross-functional ops teams to ensure Merchants can operate seamlessly on DoorDash.
About the Role
You will report into our Merchant Experience team, within our Merchant Strategy & Operations organization, while working closely with cross-functional teams, including our Product Managers. Your key focus area will be the Merchant Order Experience - helping to define product strategy, reducing support inbounds, leading go-to-markets, troubleshooting day-to-day issues - on portal, tablet, and mobile app. You will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing Merchant needs - including live order needs, the ability to self-serve key actions, and managing orders seamlessly. You will create and execute go-to-market strategies, test your hypotheses through hacky experiments, and influence cross-functional teams. You will ensure that restaurants can successfully manage and grow their business independently on the DoorDash platform.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the success of merchant satisfaction by enabling merchants to manage and grow their business through our portal, tablet, and mobile app platforms
- Shape and define our platform strategy based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Partner with product and engineering to drive changes to the platform, owning go-to-market for product launches
- Serve as the voice of the merchant in internal forums, representing the Mx needs across teams and gathering insights across account management teams and surveys
We’re excited about you because…
- You want to affect change every day and can operate in energizing environments
- You enjoy solving problems and can translate high-level goals into executional plans
- You have an ability to build cross-functional partnerships at all levels across technical and non-technical teams to achieve common goals
- You are excited to shape the direction of the company
- You have completed your Bachelor's degree and have 3+ years work experience in consulting, bizops, strategy, operations, technology, startups, or related experiences
- You have advanced Analytical skills (SQL a plus)
- You communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral comms
- You have led projects across teams and demonstrated success in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details