Associate Ladies Designer - FAM BrandsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Ladies Designer
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Inventive Design. Mindful Manufacturing. Global Reach.
Founded in 2000, FAM Brands designs, manufactures, and sells men’s and women’s sportswear and active wear apparel to major retailers, big box stores, and specialty boutiques across the country and throughout the world. Our portfolio of proprietary brands features Marika, Wildfox, Three Dots, and Balance Collection, while a partial list of licensing partners includes Orvis, Jessica Simpson, Eddie Bauer, and Woolrich.
With the capacity to produce over 75 million units per year, our mission continues to be making top-quality apparel accessible to everyone at an impressive value and an irresistible price.
That's the FAM Brands difference.
Assistant Ladies Designer
Bell, CA – This position cannot be done remotely
Base + Bonus
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Full-Time, Regular Employees are eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits package including: Vacation, Sick Time, Personal Holiday, Company Holidays, Anthem Insurance Coverage for Medical (PPO & EPO), Dental (DPO & DMO) and Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Company Paid Life & Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401k Match, Pet Insurance, Hartford Supplemental Insurance Policies (Life, Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital), Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent), Work-Life Balance, Free Coffee, Onsite Food Options, and more!
SOME OF WHAT YOU’LL DO
Reporting to one or more Senior Designers, the Associate Designer is responsible for supporting relevant needs within Ladies Sportswear. Whether generating tech packs all day, entering information into our PLM, supporting the mood/design creation process, or packing up boxes for buyer meetings, you are there to support the team. We have multiple sportswear teams, and you must be willing to float from team to team, as easy as you support a single designer.
- Tech packs, tech packs, tech packs. This is super critical. No hand sketching here! Everything is CAD and you must be a strong assistant to keep up.
- Collaborate with design, merchandise, and sales partners to create and present concepts.
- Partner with designers, product development and sourcing when choosing design components, fabrics, and trims, ensuring product can be delivered within the target customer price points.
- Ensure a strong understanding of competitive market and landscape, along with identifying continuous opportunities for growth.
- Partner with team members and sales to understand customer needs to create designs and assortments, present to customer buyers.
- Illustrate and render technical flats & create tech packs.
- Organize sample racks, mood boards, and other decision-making items.
- Work closely with in house team members on development throughout the production and fit process.
- Manage multiple priority projects and development calendars for a variety of needs, from internal to external customers.
- Innate ability to envision & design great product within brand appropriate product guidelines and fiscal targets.
- Partner with product development resources to select materials based on their functional properties, aesthetics and costs, without sacrificing design and style.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in design
- PLM experience required
- 3+ years relevant design experience; School experience and internships, count!
- Mass Market and SMU knowledge helpful (conceptual or hands-on)
- Not easily unnerved & ability to handle deadline stress and pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience technical fit & construction
- Ability to learn and take direction, as well as teach and give direction
- Must be a CAD master - Adobe CreativeCloud
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities & Diversity
FAM Brands is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. FAM Brands makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
FAM Brands Headquarters Location
FAM Brands Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
FAM Brands Founded Year