Associate, Drive Strategic Initiatives - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate, Drive Strategic Initiatives
- Job Location
- New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
DoorDash Drive is looking for an entrepreneurial leader to join our team as an Associate on our Drive Team!
DoorDash Drive is our company’s hypergrowth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers, and retailers across the United States and Canada. DoorDash Drive allows restaurants, grocers, and retailers to enable ecommerce fulfillment for their first-party experiences.
As part of the centralized Drive team focused specifically on our Restaurant Segment, the Associate will have the opportunity to help define, scale, and optimize some of Drive’s biggest bets.
On a typical day, you will be working with our merchants to provide a dedicated Drive resource. This will include running and refining experiments to improve operations, diving into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, guiding merchants on best practices for product strategy, synthesizing insights from merchant partners to help the Drive team build tools that will allow teams to increase their work 10x. By doing so, you’ll ensure we never stop growing and performing.
About the Role
- Grow the product line —be directly responsible for growing a book of business within Drive through account management of new and existing partnerships.
- Impactful – As the voice of your accounts, work with your partners from Product, Engineering, Operations, Support, Sales and Marketing to solve important challenges for our partners and execute solutions to scale delivery for their business This influences the product roadmap, making us better each day
- Analyze – complex data sets paired with partner team feedback to provide insights and recommendations to our Merchants
- Experiment – Use data and sound business judgment to test and build the processes needed to retain and grow our most important merchants, driving them towards operational efficiency and excellence
- Scale learnings — establish best practices for how to effectively manage Drive Partnerships and produce supporting materials. Develop and implement new initiatives, strategies, and programs to help increase your team’s productivity and drive enablement across the organization
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build deep and meaningful relationships with merchants, laser focused on helping them thrive
- Imagine, develop, and execute on workstreams from start to completion with little oversight
- Oscillate easily from strategic considerations to tactical execution
- Operate comfortably in ambiguous environments while maintaining a strong bias for action
- Communicate precisely dependent on audience and level of detail necessary to share
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members across the organization
- Represent the DoorDash brand with humility and a customer-first mindset
We’re excited about you because…
- 1-3 years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / client experience
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions) ; SQL knowledge preferred
- Experience in a complex or high-growth environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.California Pay Range:$86,500—$117,500 USDNew York Pay Range:$86,500—$117,500 USD
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 16,800 - 16,800 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details