Associate Director, Finance - GhostView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Director, Finance
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ghost is the marketplace that connects leading retail brands with surplus to distribution partners. Ghost combines real-time data with intelligent solutions to help brands distribute their surplus inventory across online and brick & mortar channels. By providing transparency, accuracy and scalability, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for retailers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle.
We are looking for a collaborative and detail-oriented candidate interested in the intersection of product and retail/fashion to join our team as an Associate Director, Finance. The ideal candidate has 4-8 years of experience managing company finances, analyzing data, budgeting, and forecast models. As the first Associate Director, Finance, you will be responsible for providing financial insights and projections to the CFO and executive team, providing reliable data and analysis to be used in decision-making and planning, preparing accurate monthly financial reports, assist in the preparation of presentations that provide thoughtful analysis, identify action items, and effectively frame decisions that need to be made.
Ghost is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide FP&A finance support to the CFO and executive team including reporting, metrics, and key levers of the business.
- Own and update the operating forecast model as well as run simulations based on potential changes to the business.
- Compare variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Develop analysis that provides strategic insights and clearly and effectively present recommendations to the CFO and executive team.
- Analyze the trends of key performance indicators (KPIs), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin.
- Be a voice for the finance team, by managing expenses, keeping leadership in the loop and creating a healthy spend culture for future expenses and initiatives.
- 4 - 6 years relevant experience such as financial operations, management consulting, or investment banking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Marries mathematical genius and excel wizardry
- A self-starter who can juggle many balls, and prioritize & execute without micro-management.
- Experience with cross-department collaboration and financial forecasting in developing financial reports and metrics
- Comfortable working in-office 5 days a week (Los Angeles)
Ghost Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Ghost Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Ghost Founded Year