Associate Director / Director, Finance - AltPepView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Director / Director, Finance
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
AltPep Corporation is a biomedical startup based along Seattle’s Lake Union focused on developing early disease-modifying treatments and detection tools for amyloid diseases by targeting one of the earliest molecular triggers – toxic soluble oligomers. These toxic oligomers are associated with many diseases, including neurodegenerative diseases and type 2 diabetes.
AltPep draws its origins to Dr. Valerie Daggett’s lab at the University of Washington’s Bioengineering Department. The company closed a significant round of financing in mid-2023 and is currently seeking to expand at its new, state-of-the-art, headquarters located on the Eastside of Lake Union in Seattle.
About this role:
We are seeking an Associate Director/Director of Finance to be a key member of management and increase AltPep’s financial acumen, insight, and control. While this position reports to the CFO, the Finance Director will be expected to operate with independence and work closely with all members of the Leadership Team, as well as other managers. We are a nimble organization and the individual in this role should display the ability to adeptly operate in a highly dynamic environment, providing strategic direction while executing tactical operations.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and prepare financial plans (annual) and forecasts (quarterly or as needed). Analyze financial results to provide insight for company leadership.
- Serve as an important resource to company leadership to help ensure that business decisions have the benefit of financial analysis. Participate in or lead ad-hoc projects and analyses, as needed.
- Oversee accounting operations for AltPep. Develop and maintain technical accounting policies and procedures, in accordance with US GAAP. Supervise accounting staff and consultants.
- Prepare financial reports, for both internal (management and Board) and external (shareholders, banks, etc.) audiences.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls and processes to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Manage and review the third-party tax consultants in preparing the Company’s income tax returns and tax provisions. Coordinate with external audit firm for completion of any financial statement or internal control audit requirements.
How you’ll do it:
- Solid grasp of financial accounting, costing, financial analysis and general business knowledge.
- Familiarity with practices and requirements within life sciences and pharmaceutical industries.
- Intellectually curious, open to new ideas, and able to learn quickly from both success and failure.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build cross-functional relationships to drive business results and establish and improve processes.
- Detail-oriented with the willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details, coupled with the ability to see a broader view and recognize trends.
- Can shift gears comfortably and deal with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of financial systems, and the ability to lead implementations.
- Ability to attract, develop, motivate, and retain top talent.
- Highly proficient using Excel for modeling and analytical projects, and PowerPoint to communicate information.
What you bring:
Recognizing that candidates can develop and acquire skills by travelling a variety of paths, the following are likely:
- Ten or more years of relevant finance and accounting experience. Although some of this experience would be within established companies with well-defined processes, we value a professional with experience in nimble and fast-paced environments.
- Experience working in the biotech/pharmaceutical/life sciences industry.
- Experience within planning, consulting, treasury or operational auditing roles would be helpful.
- Meaningful coursework in relevant academic disciplines (business, accounting, economics, statistics) resulting in an undergraduate degree from a respected college or university. An MBA and / or CPA is preferred.
Debilitating diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s affect more than a billion people worldwide. Drawing upon decades of academic research, AltPep was founded to create groundbreaking tools to detect and treat such diseases. Although a young company, AltPep has been recognized for its scientific accomplishment and potential.
While still small and nimble, we have grown to a team of thirty talented individuals dedicated to improving the lives of billions. We continue to grow and are looking for talented people to join the team and help us accomplish our mission.
We offer competitive compensation to those joining our fight. The compensation range for Associate Director is $160,000 - $180,000 and Director is $180,000 - $220,000, depending on experience. Altpep takes care of its employees and offers generous stock options, medical, vision, and dental coverage for its employees and their dependents. We understand life outside of work and offer competitive PTO so you can rest and recharge.
AltPep Corporation is a dynamic biomedical startup in Seattle that offers a competitive compensation package, including equity incentives, as well as a benefits program designed to support the well-being of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group life insurance, and 401(k). To learn more about us please visit www.altpep.com. AltPep is an equal opportunity employer with the desire for diversity of all types. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
AltPep Headquarters Location
AltPep Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
AltPep Founded Year
AltPep Total Amount Raised
AltPep Funding RoundsView funding details