Associate Devops Engineer - AcquiaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Devops Engineer
- Job Location
- Reading, United Kingdom
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named to the UK’s Best Workplaces list published by Great Place to Work UK. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Does managing and extending massive cloud platforms get your creative mind racing? Do you love building and debugging open-source, LAMP-stack architectures using cutting-edge technologies? Do you want to manage the largest sites on the planet? Do you want to join a global team of DevOps experts and learn from the best?
Acquia is looking for a passionate DevOps administrator to help us grow our second-to-none Cloud hosting services. We manage over 18,000 AWS EC2 servers powering some of the world's most popular Drupal web sites. Our Site Factory service is running over 35,000 web sites!
**** SHIFT AVAILABLE: SUNDAY TO THURSDAY ****
- Constantly improve the performance and reliability of our hosting platforms
- Ensure customer success by provisioning their hosting environments following Acquia best practices
- Debug intriguing LAMP stack problems
- Work closely with customer support and engineering to deliver second-to-none SaaS and PaaS services
- Maintain and enhance cloud management and monitoring tools
- Participate in an on-call, operations support rotation
- Capacity planning
- Perform work with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work
- Maintain positive and constructive outlook, focus on driving results, finding solutions / breakthroughs to solve problems and challenges. Has a positive influence on peers.
- Participate in on-call rotations, generally once every 2 months for one weekend day
Skills and Attributes:
- 0 to 2 years of related experience
- Passion for web site configuration, tuning and troubleshooting
- Deep, working knowledge of web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Apache, and MySQL preferred platforms)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Experience in a 24x7 hosting environment
- Experience with monitoring tools, scripting, and internet security
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work. Handle times of change in a way that drives innovation and iteration.Consistently follow up to take actions to meet committed deliverables. Keeping commitments is a symbol of honor. Doesn’t make excuses. Hold oneself accountable.
- Flexible: Demonstrates flexibility to the needs of the business.
- Positive, solution orientated: Gives their best and maintains a positive outlook.
- Collaborative: Works in collaborative and supportive manner.
- Good sense of humor
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Eucalyptus, OpenStack, CloudStack)
- Monitoring tools (e.g., Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Splunk, Sensu, BMC, OpenView)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Subversion, Git)
- Scripting experience with PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Web security (e.g., IDS systems, DOS prevention)
- Scalable hosting cluster experience (e.g., nginx, Varnish, GlusterFS, etc.)
- Drupal experience
Acquia is proud to provide best-in-class benefits offerings to our employees and their families in maintaining both a healthy body and a healthy mind. Core Benefits include: competitive healthcare coverage, wellness programs, take it when you need it time off, parental leave, recognition programs, and much more!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Acquia Headquarters Location
Acquia Company Size
Between 800 - 5,000 employees
Acquia Founded Year
Acquia Funding Rounds