Associate - Central Operations - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate - Central Operations
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; Salt Lake City, UT, Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA; Philadelphia, PA
- Job Description
About the Team
We’re looking for a hands-on builder, strategic, analytical problem solver to help build and scale DoorDash’s next billion dollar business, DashMart. The DashMart team is focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps.
This new role will sit on our Central Operations team and lead the build out of our dashboards and analytical tooling to help our operations team root cause issues and drive towards site goals. You will drive consistency across the way we evaluate metrics and conduct analysis. You will be a thought-leader across the DashMart organization by driving data analysis and dashboards across a variety of operational surface areas, spanning from Customer Quality to Operational Efficiency to Workforce Planning to Safety. You may also have experience in operations or analytics, with a high bar for solving complex problems leveraging data as your source of truth.
About the Role
You will report into a Manager on our Central Operations team within the New Business Verticals organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to remain in a remote capacity with field time spent within our DashMart warehouses.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize. Develop the strategy for improving our DashMart operations.
- Operate. Figure out how to get from A to B–then actually make it happen.
- Analyze. Strong Analytical background including comfort with large data sets, SQL preferred. Create dashboards from scratch, and use data to identify root causes and monitor solutions.
- Collaborate. Work with local operators and key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experiment. Run tests and scale insights. Embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and no right answer.
We’re excited about you because…
- You're equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don't hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you're just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You're unafraid of uncharted territory. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you excel in new environments.
- You love data. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling and modeling large datasets. You are excited to use SQL in your role.
- You're an operator. You have a talent for managing complex projects, converting high-level goals into action, and converting insights into scalable processes.
- You have 0-2 years of post-grad experience in operations, technology, consulting, strategy, business development, banking, analytics, high-growth or early-stage startup experience or related experience.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details