Associate, Category Management - DashMart - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate, Category Management - DashMart
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
DashMart is a new team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps.
About the Role
We’re looking for Associate level candidates who are hands-on builders and strategic thinkers to help build DoorDash’s next billion dollar business, DashMart, DoorDash’s first party grocery & convenience store. As a category management team member, you will be responsible for developing the strategic assortment within your category and working with cross-functional partners to meet your category top- and bottom-line targets. These roles will report into a Manager or Senior Manager within our New Business Verticals organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own your category - be directly responsible for executing the strategy and owning the P&L for your category
- Collaborate - work cross-functionally with supply chain, buying, business development, analytics and finance to meet your category targets
- Analyze - get to the lowest level of detail with both qualitative and quantitative data to guide your category strategy
- Innovate - influence our overall product, tooling, and strategic roadmap as an early member of our assortment team
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 1-2+ years of experience (in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience)
- You have an ownership mindset: You can set the strategy for your category and own a P&L. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable taking a step back to identify broader trends. No job is beneath you.
- You’re a world class communicator: You communicate precisely dependent on the audience and level of detail necessary to share. You collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members across the organization
- You’re analytical: You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel
- You’re a problem solver: You have a talent for synthesizing complex problems and can independently translate high level goals into actionable plans
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity: Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You have completed a BA/BS degree
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $78,030 - $105,570, plus opportunities for equity. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details