Associate Attorney, Portuguese Speaking - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Attorney, Portuguese Speaking
- Job Location
- New York
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
The Americas General Counsel’s Organization at Adyen is seeking a US and Brazil focused commercial Attorney to join our legal team in New York. The mission of the Americas General Counsel’s Organization is to protect Adyen’s vision through legal and compliance expertise and strategic advice. This helps our Sales and Account Management teams to manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on Adyen’s offering of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the interconnectivity between the Americas General Counsel’s Organization and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
What you’ll do:
- Work across a spectrum of cross-border legal, business, and strategic issues impacting our U.S. and Brazil offerings
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements of various types
- Work with our Account Management team to resolve issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Work with US and Brazilian teams across Adyen, including Sales, Product, Risk and Compliance
- Collaborate with our global legal team on strategic initiatives to help us increase the efficacy and efficiency of our legal team
- This role is based out of our New York office
- This is a full-time in office position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English and Portuguese
Who you are:
- 7+ years, in good standing, of relevant experience in a law firm, or in-house legal team
- An attorney in good standing with the California or New York Bar
- Brazilian Bar admission very desirable
- Ability to travel to Sao Paulo
- You have solid people skills, specifically you will work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey advice clearly and synthesize complex issues
- You are a self-starter and have the ability to thrive in a start-up environment with the ability to work independently and run things like your own business.
- Self-motivated, driven, reliable, adaptable and detail-oriented.
Who we are:
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds