Application Security Engineer - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Application Security Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Description
23andMe is looking for an experienced Application Security Engineer to join our team. You will be leveraging your experience and expertise with security tools and industry best practices to secure our customer data and corporate assets. You will bring hands-on experience with improving the security of software development workflows, finding vulnerabilities, and working with development teams to remediate issues. Our team’s purpose is to educate, automate, and build guardrails that enable developers to build secure software.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Work cross functionally with our Engineering and developer productivity teams to build good patterns and find solutions for security issues found internally and externally.
- Build and integrate automated security tooling into the CI/CD pipelines for our project teams. This helps our developers by giving feedback early in their development process, and helps us by contributing the pieces for a birds-eye view of the security postures of our applications
- Develop technical solutions and libraries for secure implementation of commonly used functionality across applications.
- Triage findings from coordinated disclosure and bug bounty programs. Provide security researchers a great experience by using your relationships with our product developers to help them prioritize and fix critical issues in a timely fashion.
- Assist in creating a secure coding training program for developers.
What you’ll bring
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an application security engineer or as a pentester.
- Experience with auditing mobile apps for security issues. These apps are primarily written in Swift and Kotlin.
- Preferred ability to perform manual code reviews of sensitive applications and infrastructure. This ranges from customer-facing webapps and mobile apps, to backend services and data pipelines, to internal-facing tools and applications.
- Preferred ability to perform manual web app pentests using tools such as Burp Suite.
- Preferred experience using/securing containerized workloads.
- Bonus experience finding misconfigured cryptography and designing PKI solutions.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity