AP/AR Specialist - Arris CompositesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- AP/AR Specialist
- Job Location
- Berkeley, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Job Overview: Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location: Berkeley, CA (in-person)
The Accounts Payable Specialist at ARRIS is not only responsible for processing the day-to-day purchase activities of the business, they are a thought partner to their global accounting teammates and provide administrative and accounting support to improve our global AP best. If you enjoy working cross-functionally with other departments, like being challenged in a rapidly changing environment, and have high attention to detail and quality of work, we would love to meet you! This is a non-exempt, full-time position based out of our Berkeley, CA offices.
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and some of the top companies in the world have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
- Accounting & Administrative
- Responsible for executing full cycle accounts payable in an environment with 150 invoices per month.
- Responsible for executing full cycle accounts receivable in an environment with 3 - 5 invoices per month.
- Prepare annual 1099, sales/use tax return, property tax return and annual business licenses.
- Maintain fixed assets schedule including calculation of monthly depreciation and physical count.
- Perform cash and other account reconciliations as assigned during the month end closing process.
- Support annual audits and annual corporate income tax filing.
- Receive all US mail related to the finance department and process accordingly.
- Monitor A/P aging report and reconcile against account statements every month, and follow up with customers for late payments.
- Vendor, customer and employee relations
- Provide excellent service to employees, vendors and customers; friendly and considerate communications, timely responses to inquiries, proactive problem-solving.
- Process vendor invoices, review and maintain vendor files, and review purchase orders and account codes for all vendors.
- Issue invoices to customers per agreed delivery method, review and maintain customer files, and review sales orders and account codes for all customers.
- Process employee expense reports, reconcile credit card statements, and obtain and organize supporting documentation as needed.
- Contribute, assist, and file new internal control policies and procedures to enhance the workflow of the department and the company
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity of financial and company data
- Participate in other accounting or finance-related special projects and analyses as needed
- Previous work experience in an Accounts Payable or similar role: knowledge of commonly used accounts payable concepts, practices, and procedures is needed.
- Experience with major ERPs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proficiency with computer programs for word processing, spreadsheets, email, etc.
- Highly preferred skills:
- Mandarin (half the team is in Taiwan so this skill is a big bonus).
- Proficiency in Netsuite.
- $28 - $43/hr depending on experience.
- A skillful finance team to provide ongoing learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and support.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage with low employee contribution.
- Paid parental leave.
- Stock option grant.
- 401k matching plan.
This position is in Berkeley, CA. It’s within walking distance to Amtrak, ~1.5 miles from BART, and ~1 mile from the Marina Ferry (direct from SF Ferry Building).
Arris Composites recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.
Arris Composites Headquarters Location
Arris Composites Company Size
Between 5,000 - 20,000 employees
Arris Composites Founded Year