Android Engineer AOSP/BSP - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Android Engineer AOSP/BSP
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Android Engineer, AOSP/BSP
Adyen’s In-person payments fleet of payment devices is growing exponentially with every passing month. We are bringing thousands of devices to the field every month with a wide variety of models and this doesn’t come without challenges.
We are looking for an Android Engineer with AOSP experience to help us in taking full control over the Android OS.
What you will do:
- Lead the Android AOSP/BSP efforts in order to build a strong and flexible foundation for our Android payments application
- Engage in cross-functional conversations with product management, software engineering and hardware engineering teams to ensure the best payment experience for our merchants
- Drive conversations with SOC (system on chip) vendors and terminal vendors in order to secure high performing components
- Ensure software quality by using the latest technologies and frameworks in Android OS engineering
- Coach team members to grow the team with the right skill set
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience working with the Android OS.
- Android and Linux Kernel bring-up / BSP (Board Support Package) experience.
- Experience in modifying AOSP for domain specific features
- Experience in implementing, integrating, and debugging device drivers such as display, power management, WiFi, GPIO drivers or similar.
- Experience in debugging issues within the Android Framework and Linux Kernel.
- Proficient in C/C++, Java, and / or Kotlin Experience working with source control tools such as Git, Repo, Gerrit, GitHub, and with Android command line tools such as adb and fastboot.
- Passionate about solving large scale problems and building great software for customers.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds