Analytics Engineer - AirtableView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Analytics Engineer
- Job Location
- Mountain View, CA; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Just like Lego blocks, what our customers can build with Airtable is virtually limitless. Airtable’s centralized Data Science and Analytics (DS&A) Team moves quickly, setting direction for our company and measuring performance to drive growth.
As one of Airtable’s first Analytics Engineers, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Airtable by deepening our understanding of our business. Analytics Engineers build the data foundation for reporting, analysis and experimentation. Using SQL, DBT, and Looker, you will transform data from data warehouse tables into critical self-serve data artifacts that power impactful analytic use cases (e.g. metrics, dashboards) and empower data consumers.
What you'll do
- Partner with business teams to deeply understand their work. Use this understanding to define, document, and own actionable metrics and dimensions to help guide Airtable’s business
- Understand where various opportunities fit into the broader strategies and prioritize competing demands to ensure the most impactful items are delivered
- Develop high-impact data layers, user interfaces and other tools to enable self-service analytics
- Develop and own critical reporting and dashboards that provide transparency into the business
- Gather feedback and input on self-service implementations from end-users and peers and create a cycle of continuous improvement
- Keep a close eye on usage of the self-service products and engage in activities (socialization, documentation, etc.) designed to increase usage
- Define logging needs in partnership with Data Engineering
Who you are
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Deep familiarity with dimensional modeling/data warehousing concepts (ex. Kimball).
- You are experienced with building and maintaining semantic layers and self-service technologies (Looker) for non-technical end-user use.
- You have the ability to write complex SQL, ad-hoc data pipelines, and ETLs, preferably in DBT.
- Experience in at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R)
- Analytically-minded, bringing data solutions and business impact together while having autonomy in managing cross-functional projects
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $167,000 - $207,000 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.
Airtable Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Airtable Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Airtable Founded Year
Airtable Total Amount Raised
Airtable Funding RoundsView funding details