Alliance & Partnership Director - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Alliance & Partnership Director
- Job Location
- Remote US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The Alliance & Partnership Director - Expansion (Amazon) is responsible for identifying, incubating, and launching new partnership opportunities within Amazon and its subsidiaries’ across the world. In this role, you’ll report to the Merchant Partnerships and Alliances Senior Director (Amazon).
We are looking for a leader with experience running and growing large, enterprise customer relationships, as well as knowledge and experience in FinTech, commerce and payments. We value critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, resilience, and effective communication!
What You'll Do
- Own Affirm’s expansion strategy within Amazon’s subsidiaries and key global markets, with the goal of identifying, developing, and launching new, enterprise-level programs.
- Build and cultivate client relationships with Amazon leaders to coordinate strategic priorities and ensure productive collaboration.
- Lead partnership negotiations, including working cross-functionally to solicit input from and drive alignment with key internal partners (e.g., product, engineering, operations, marketing, and legal) on the construct and terms of the programs.
- Clearly and succinctly summarize program strategy, goals, risks, and dependencies, tailoring communication based on audience (e.g., internal senior leadership, program core team, and external clients).
- Demonstrate customer focus by maintaining a deep understanding of Amazon, how we deliver joint value as partners, and delight Affirm and Amazon’s joint customers in the relevant segments or geos impacted by your programs; evangelize expansion opportunities and optimizations that will deliver value to Amazon and our joint customers.
What We Look For
- 12+ years of work experience, with 6+ years in Sales (Relationship Management), Customer Success, Strategic Partnerships, or related fields
- Deep familiarity with the global payments and ecommerce landscape
- A strong sense of ownership
- The ability to thrive in ambiguous and complex situations
- Experience operating in international markets (either remotely or in-region)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt strategy and execution based on the dynamics of each market
- Excellent negotiation and contracting skills, with the ability to find all sources of value to the parties
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to mitigate risks and dependencies as well as deliver programs at high quality and on time
- Strong collaborator who can lead large cross-functional teams and provide guidance, feedback, and support where needed to ensure shared success
- Strong executive presence and proven ability to build successful executive relationships and influence decision makers
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA52
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds