AI Research Engineer - NotionView Company Profile
- Job Title
- AI Research Engineer
- Job Location
- San Francisco, California
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role
We believe that recent advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence will fundamentally reshape how people use tools. We’re looking for people who have experience working at the forefront of AI—people who can adapt, implement, and refine the latest modeling approaches to suit Notion’s product ambitions. The ideal candidate will be passionate about tackling product problems with the latest in AI research—in particular natural language understanding and generation.
What You'll Achieve:
- You’ll drive the adaptation of open source language models, or the development of in-house models, as needed by our AI product strategy.
- You’ll develop and execute on Notion’s technical roadmap for artificial intelligence.
- You’ll work with Product, Design and engineering peers to craft our overall AI product roadmap.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You have experience training and fine-tuning transformer models and large language models.
- You are familiar with how product needs dictate and influence model architecture and can adapt modeling approaches appropriately.
- You have stayed (and continue to stay) abreast of recent advances in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- You are comfortable writing production-level code and working in large, complex codebases.
Nice to Haves:
- You have a Masters or Ph.D. in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or a related field, or you have experience working with AI researchers.
- You have experience with large scale data processing technologies (e.g. Spark, Flink, Kafka, Airflow, YARN/Hadoop)
- You have worked at a fast-growing start-up or a SaaS company, or you’re eager to contribute in such an environment (being a current Notion user would be great!)
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we're big fans of their work.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Notion Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Notion Founded Year
Notion Total Amount Raised
Notion Funding RoundsView funding details