Advertising, Promotion & Labeling Compliance Associate - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Advertising, Promotion & Labeling Compliance Associate
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, California
- Job Description
We are seeking an Advertising, Promotion & Labeling Compliance Associate who is passionate about advancing our mission: to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. You will work in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment with a range of responsibilities including the timely legal and regulatory review of 23andMe advertising and promotional materials to ensure conformance to applicable laws and regulation requirements and consistent with 23andMe product labeling.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Review all incoming requests for review of advertising, promotion and labeling materials and assigns to appropriate reviewers.
- Review advertising and promotional materials for compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidances (e.g. FTC guidelines and applicable FDA regulations, etc.), including materials related to marketing campaigns and social content.
- Assures timely and accurate review and tracking of advertising and promotional materials to meet internal timelines and requirements.
- Monitors web-based and social media material to ensure alignment with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Lead in developing, updating and maintaining training on regulation, laws, and guidelines applicable to the company’s ad/promo material to the Product Management and Marketing teams.
- Keep informed of new or revised laws, regulations, guidelines, points to consider, compliance guides related to ad/promo materials.
- Support and provide Legal guidance to the Customer Care team on edge-case account access escalations, Terms of Service violations, Better Business Bureau responses and other items as needed.
- Other projects and/or assignments that may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in reviewing and approving product labels and promotional/advertising materials.
- Strong understanding of Legal and Regulatory requirements for advertising, promotion and labeling in the U.S., experience in ex-U.S. markets a plus!
- Exacting attention to detail and excellent communication, prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight timelines and balance multiple review projects.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity