Additive Manufacturing Engineer Intern - Summer 2024 - AGILE Space IndustriesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Additive Manufacturing Engineer Intern - Summer 2024
- Job Location
- Durango, CO
- Job Description
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
Project assignment will be matched to the intern's specific skills and interests.
- Perform case studies and provide recommendations for introducing new additive hardware to current workflows
- Process development and characterization of laser powder bed fusion to move prototype engines to production and/or improve operational efficiency
- Test and implement new build preparation software functions into engineering workflow
- Aid in creation of technical and quality documentation (Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Qualified Material Processes, etc)
- Prepare and generate build files and manage post-processing through delivery to responsible engineer
- Comparative analysis of build simulations and their accuracy to as-built components
- Evaluate performance of additive hardware through functional testing (e.g., cold flow testing)
- Before the internship concludes, the intern will present an Exit Presentation, outlining the incoming objective, experiences learned along the way, and summarizing progress on the project.
- Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules
- Performs other related duties as required
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials/Metallurgical Engineering, Physics, or Software Engineering / Computer Science
- Entry-level experience with CAD build-preparation software, such as: Materialize Magics, Oqton 3DXpert, Siemens NX, nTopology, etc.
- Entry-level experience with in-situ monitoring or thermomechanical simulation a plus
- Entry-level experience with SolidWorks or similar CAD/CAM software
- Entry-level understanding of welding metallurgy and/or thermos-mechanical residual stress
- Entry-level experience with laser powder bed fusion for metals
- Exposure to inspection techniques, such as: surface roughness profilometry, microscopy, density analysis, caliper, height gauge, bore micrometer, etc.
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $21 - $25/hr
Students joining Agile through our internship program will receive the opportunity to attend presentations from company leaders, social and networking events, as well as professional and personal development trainings. Interns are also eligible for paid company holidays. Agile offers 13 paid holidays per year.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Please note that if the position is covered by federal international trade regulations, it is a requirement of the position that the individual be eligible to obtain any required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
AGILE Space Industries Headquarters Location
AGILE Space Industries Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
AGILE Space Industries Founded Year
AGILE Space Industries Total Amount Raised
AGILE Space Industries Funding RoundsView funding details