Accounting Manager - RemitlyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Accounting Manager
- Job Location
- Managua, Nicaragua
- Job Description
Recruiter: Cynthia Torres
Hiring Manager: Keylee Day
Req No. 5189
Title: Corporate Accounting Manager
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We're searching for an Accounting Manager to join Remitly’s Accounting team, reporting to our Corporate Accounting Management. This role will be responsible for the accounting and reconciliation of non order-to-cash accounts, including cash & cash equivalents, prepaid expenses and other assets, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses and other liabilities, leases, operating expenses, stock-based compensation expense, other income/expense, of all Remitly subsidiaries.
As an individual contributing (no direct reports) Accounting Manager on the team, you will be an essential team member, ensuring complete and accurate financials in accordance with GAAP, driving close process improvements with the support of our Product and Engineering teams, as well as strengthening the quality and analysis of our financial results.
What You’ll Do
- Be a subject matter expert on corporate accounting processes, which includes technical accounting and analysis of internally used software, cloud computing arrangement, stock based compensation, foreign exchange transactions, and transfer pricing calculations.
- Be an owner of month-end close responsibilities such as:
- Prepare, review, and approve journal entries and supporting reconciliations to ensure account balances are complete and accurate
- Establish and maintain a framework to monitor, investigate, and resolve issues, including consistent documentation, follow-through, and auditor communications
- Financial analysis and explanation of trends and variances to expected outcomes
- Support business initiatives, drive process improvements, system enhancements, and implement best practices with the help of Product and Engineering teams to help scale the Accounting team.
- Support the implementation and operating effectiveness of SOX controls to mitigate financial statement risks.
- Establish accounting policies and leading practices to adapt to changes in our business and to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Partner closely with FP&A, Financial Reporting, Tax, and Treasury teams to ensure SEC filings are timely, complete, and accurate.
- Lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement and change, helping ensure we evolve our accounting organization and underlying processes to accelerate scale and improve quality.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5+ years of experience
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred
- Strong technical accounting background
- Experience with streamlining processes and/or design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Experience analyzing and working with large data sets and familiarity with data management tools such as Excel and SQL
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly Headquarters Location
Remitly Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
Remitly Founded Year
Remitly Total Amount Raised
Remitly Funding RoundsView funding details