Account Executive - California - Abl SchoolsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Account Executive - California
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Abl believes every student deserves the opportunity to maximize their potential by making informed and meaningful choices about their lives and futures. Unfortunately, many students aren’t given the same opportunities due to systemic inequities perpetuated by outdated, unresponsive systems. Abl offers advanced, data-driven software and services to help K12 school and district leaders identify and remove those barriers to equity. The Abl team is made up of education leaders and experts working together with engineers, designers, and data scientists to build the tools schools districts need to shape pathways for each student to achieve success.
We are looking to add a talented Account Executive to manage sales cycles from lead generation to close and be the primary contact with the customer during the sale process. The role will involve a high degree of listening, anticipating needs, and influencing, often in cross-collaboration with other departments. Above all we want self-starters with an entrepreneurial drive who are motivated by the opportunity to improve long-term opportunities for today’s K12 students. As a part of the Sales team, you will report directly to the Head of Sales.
Note to Candidates: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they check all the boxes listed in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
In this role you will:
- Work full-cycle deals from lead generation to relationship building, executive presentation and close.
- Develop trusted relationships with key school and district staff members; Negotiate contracts and manage renewals within your assigned territory.
- Plan and manage your territory, including accurate forecasting and pipeline updates, with frequent, accurate, and timely updates.
- Effectively articulate and present Abl’s education leadership messages and the full ABL by Design solution to new prospective clients.
- Conduct engaging and impactful customer meetings, both virtually or onsite, traveling as necessary to maximize our time with school leadership.
- Work cross functionality with marketing, product, and operations to continuously refine our value proposition and implementation processes.
- Be a steward for our culture and values, and actively engage in making Abl a great place to work.
Ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment.
- 1+ years working in K-12 education selling directly to district leadership (e.g., Superintendents, CAO, Directory of secondary/high schools).
- A quantifiable record of success in education and/or Technology enterprise sales with a proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals, average contract values between $50-100K+
- Ability to build trust with new-to-Abl customers at all levels of an education organization through listening, empathy and probing for clarification.
- Ability to work independently with strong time/territory management skills, analytical/problem solving skills.
- Be equally comfortable with virtual sales calls (phone and video conference) and in-person customer meetings.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time for in-person meetings and events.
- Understanding of the organizational structure, decision-making process, and political considerations in the K-12 Education Sector.
- Experienced working at remote first tech start-up
- Passionate about education and equity
- B.A/B.S in Business, Marketing, or related field
Benefits/What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible PTO for our employees to use as needed
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Abl's success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) subsidized up-to 100%
- Remote first company with in-person events throughout the year
- Generous Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance for your growing families
- Pre-tax benefits including 401k, FSA, and HSA with $1000 towards the account
- Learning & Development opportunities and reimbursements for further professional training
Abl employees share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Abl Schools Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Abl Schools Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Abl Schools Founded Year
Abl Schools Funding Rounds