Account Director (Tech, Telco, Energy) - InsiderView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Account Director (Tech, Telco, Energy)
- Job Location
- New York, New York, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Business Insider, the influential global business and news brand, is looking for an experienced Account Director (Digital Advertising Sales) to cover Tech, Telco and Energy industries. This role will join Business Insider at an incredibly exciting period of the company’s growth and evolution, and will directly support and impact the aspirational goal of becoming one of the world's most beloved and influential media brands.
We are looking for an experienced, client facing, enthusiastic digital media expert capable of creating advertising solutions such as custom, content and data driven digital programs for Tech clients. Experience and existing relationships in these markets are a must.
Our mission is to inspire action through thought-provoking stories. We help our readers discover the ideas and the people who are changing business, tech, and beyond. Our team members embody and uphold Business Insider’s three core values: we are all one team, we are effective, and we strive to get better every day.
The position reports directly to the VP of Vertical Sales. Candidates must be willing to travel.
- Serving as an “evangelist” for Business Insider internally and externally; clearly articulating the company’s unique value proposition in the context of a fragmented research marketplace
- Lead high-level relationships with key Tech clients and agencies
- Develop custom client solutions utilizing Business Insider's entire suite of products including Branded Content, Display, Video, Programmatic, Podcasts, Data and Live/Virtual Events.
- Create, maintain, and sustain relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly while hitting quarterly sales targets.
- Work across multiple client and agency partners, i.e. branded content, video, digital and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns
- Coordinate effectively with Marketing, Client Services, Media Planning and Studios Teams to create successful ad campaigns.
- Focus on brand sell, educating and inspiring our Tech clients to use Insider Inc. to enhance their business
- Develop strategic account plans to achieve target revenue goals; hit or exceed these revenue goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the digital media industry
- Represent Business Insider at events, entertaining clients and serve as a brand ambassador
- Manage activity using salesforce.com
The ideal candidate has/is:
- A Strong network. You have a strong record of collaborating with Tech clients from advertising clients across the industry.
- Digital media expertise. The role requires a sophisticated understanding of both creative custom packages and data-driven audience programs, and experience and ability to sell these across various geographic areas. A solid understanding of programmatic, both tech and sales sides of the business, is preferred.
- An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate abstract concepts and ideas into actionable marketing solutions is essential.
- Candidates must be creative thinkers and passionate about storytelling, technology, media, and selling.
- Willingness to navigate named accounts, understand marketing strategies, position Business Insider’s products and ad solutions on their behalf, and close deals. As well as creating custom content solutions all candidates must have at least a cursory knowledge of programmatic ad selling.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $140,000-165,000. (dependent on skills, experience, and competencies)
- Competitive commission plan
- Medical, health, and vision
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Matched 401k plan
- Additional benefits include commuter benefits, phone reimbursement, gym membership discounts, etc.
Business Insider is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and, when making employment decisions, does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, nationality or national origin, religion, disability, familial status, and military or veteran status. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
Business Insider is a global journalism company that covers the world of business, tech, innovation, and beyond. With headquarters in New York and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore, we reach an audience of more than 375 million with storytelling that’s fascinating, unexpected, and always helpful.
As a company, we strive to be inspiring and effective, we value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. Our company motto is “get better every day,” which means we value all people. Diversity reflects the different life experiences, identities, and perspectives that make each of us unique. For more information on our DEI mission click here.
Business Insider supports a distributed workforce that allows for varied work locations. Many roles are eligible for 100% remote or hybrid remote/office work unless otherwise noted.
Insider Headquarters Location
Insider Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Insider Founded Year
Insider Total Amount Raised
Insider Funding RoundsView funding details