Account Based Marketing Manager - East - ChainguardView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Account Based Marketing Manager - East
- Job Location
- Remote - US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Open Source has taken over the world of software development. However, the largest trade off still persists, security. Companies spend an enormous amount of time and resources patching and fortifying open source software in order to ship with confidence & compliance.
Founded by the industry's leading experts on open source software, security and cloud native development, Chainguard has built the largest library of open source software that is secure by default. Customers including Snowflake, Canva, and HPE rely on Chainguard to build securely with open source software across the organization.
Chainguard is the safe source for open source.
We live and breathe our company values:
We are customer obsessed - Our true advantage is the strength of our relationships with customers through collaboration, empathy, and responsiveness. We establish trust as we educate, advocate, and listen to their needs. Our focus is on delivering solutions to our customers that create value and make their lives better.
We have a bias for intentional action - We’re a start-up and we need to move fast. However we need to move fast through intentional action to make sure we’re able to deliver quickly and efficiently on what is most impactful to our collective success. We prioritize, plan, try things, and fail fast. We think about how what we do impacts other teams and communicate our progress - owning the whole solution from start to finish. If we move fast enough, we can make two or three mistakes, learn, and correct them before competitors even make their first decision.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously (but we do serious work) - Though we are solving an important problem which takes focus and a degree of seriousness, we don’t take ourselves too seriously while we do. We laugh, have fun, embrace uniqueness, and enjoy the journey. Together.
We trust each other and assume good intentions - We hire great team members and trust them to do their work. We’re transparent with data, news, and decisions - positive or negative - to empower team members to make well informed decisions. Showing up for each other fully means we celebrate each other’s accomplishments as well as give compassionate direct feedback when needed. We always default to assuming good intentions.
The role, in a nutshell:
As a high-energy account-based marketer, you will be handling a portfolio of highly effective and visible multi-touch, multi-channel marketing programs that support the company’s pipeline and revenue goals across all stages of the customer lifecycle. You will be responsible for aligning yourself with the sales organization and help target their most important accounts.
What will make you successful is having a strong background in sales, field marketing and/or demand generation including planning, message development, execution and ROI tracking. This role is best suited for an adaptable, matrix driven high-achiever with shown ability to develop B2B marketing programs both on the strategic and tactical level.
As a key player in our marketing team, you will be responsible for developing and executing targeted marketing campaigns focused on targeted, high-value accounts. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the SaaS security space, a proven track record in B2B marketing, and the ability to drive engagement with key decision-makers.
What You’ll Do:
You will work closely with sales, field marketing, partner marketing and sales development teams to execute high-impact programs that include:
- Tailored campaign playbooks and messaging by account and target audience
- Create and execute integrated marketing campaigns tailored to specific accounts, utilizing a mix of digital, content, field events, and offline channels.
- Account-specific research, events, prospecting and follow up in coordination with cross-functional teams
- Work closely with the sales team to align marketing efforts with the sales cycle and support pipeline acceleration.
- Regularly analyze and report on the effectiveness of campaigns, making data-driven recommendations for optimization.
- Stay abreast of the latest ABM technologies and tools to enhance campaign targeting, personalization, and tracking.
What we’re looking for:
Base Salary Range$150,000—$170,000 USD
- At a minimum of 8 years in marketing and at least 5 years of experience in account based marketing at SaaS technology companies.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Prior experience in the SaaS security industry with a strong understanding of industry solutions and trends.
- Project development and management experience, including developing strategies, compelling presentations, and operational plans.
- In-depth knowledge of ABM tools, technologies, and best practices, including but not limited to ABM platforms (6sense/Demandbase); automation and CRM systems (SFDC, Hubspot); reporting (Tableau); and orchestration and personalization tools (Mutiny).
- Excellent negotiation and organizational skills
- Experience managing budgets and delivering ROI against these budgets
- Proven ability to develop and execute target account strategies.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with sales teams and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and derive actionable insights.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ideal candidate would be located on the East Coast.
A few of the benefits we offer (for our full time employees):
- Equity/stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work with flexible coworking and team meetup opportunities
- Home office and internet stipend
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage for you and your family
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. Chainguard is on a mission to build the best team. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring “Guardians'' with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Chainguard is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
For US based roles - Chainguard participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employee Form I-9 Information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. Chainguard, Inc. only uses E-Verify once a candidate has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. If E-Verify cannot confirm that an employee is authorized to work, Chainguard, Inc. will give the employee written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so the employee can begin to resolve the issue before any adverse employment action is taken. For more information about your right to work, please see the Notice of Right to Work.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Chainguard Headquarters Location
Chainguard Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
Chainguard Founded Year
Chainguard Total Amount Raised
Chainguard Funding RoundsView funding details