The Workday Finance Systems Manager/Solution Architect will manage system configuration, design, and support activities related to all Workday Finance modules at Anaplan. This role will be responsible for Finance technology requirements, design and configuration to support the priorities laid out by Finance Leadership. Partnering with Chief Accounting Officer Org and FP&A stakeholders, this position will maintain and deliver continuous enhancements to WD Finance system functionality in line with the product's development and company strategy.
- System administration, configuration and design of the primary Financials (Workday); consisting of the General Ledger, Business Assets, Supplier Accounts, Expenses, Procurement, and Projects functional areas.
- Owning the Workday product roadmap plan, establishing implementation timelines
- Assessing system functionality and actively overseeing the entire project life cycle: requirements gathering, configuration, testing, and deployment
- Prepare and facilitate Steering Committee presentations
- Facilitating Release, Upgrade and Change Request activities
- Helping to drive platform optimization / new functionality adoption analysis
- Advising on reporting strategy and toolsets
- Design and development of end-user training materials and communication plans
- Work with Internal Audit, end users and IT to ensure SOX compliance. Develop auditing processes to ensure data integrity and system accuracy
- Recommending process improvements and innovative solutions leveraging the Workday Platform
- Managing implementation partners and holding them accountable for deliverables
- Serving as a mentor and visionary to the financial systems business and technical stakeholders
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience implementing or managing financial systems, including 3 years practical experience on Workday Financial Management platform at least one full deployment project
- A strong background in Accounting and Finance business processes (For example: Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report)
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing a business issue and developing a future state recommendation
- Familiarity with Workday Studio and BIRT is a plus.
- Workday certification(s), a plus.
- Previous experience of deployment or supporting internal clients on finance systems
- Experience managing a small team including partner resources
- Exposure to Anaplan platform is a big plus
What we offer:
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with bonuses, and a comprehensive range of benefits.
- Regular Agile meetups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
- Flexible working, a fully stocked kitchen, and plenty of parties & events
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
- Huge problems to solve – you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
The initial start to this position will be remote due to COVID. The person will eventually work on site in our San Francisco office.
Do you align with Anaplan’s Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mould, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 1000+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan’s platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree—Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.
Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it’s like to work at Anaplan.
Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.