VP, Global Marketing and Demand Generation
Anaplan is seeking a passionate senior marketing leader with a strong background in field and partner marketing, sales development, and demand generation. As a leading contributor to the Anaplan’s broader brand awareness and marketing strategy, you will be responsible for the development and execution of the ‘Go to Market’ demand strategy at the global, field, and partner level.
As leader of global marketing and demand generation, you will develop close strategic relationships with our field sales, solutions and global marketing teams. Your teams primary focus will be on generating awareness and demand both direct and through partners with the ultimate goals of maximizing generation of new and expand business, moving accounts through the sales pipeline and accelerating the sales cycle.
This is a uniquely dynamic role as it will take a leader with broad go to market experience and a growth mindset as both Anaplan and Marketing are rapidly scaling. Knowledge of processes to scale and working closely with functional marketing leaders across the organization is essential to successfully meeting our goals.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as build strong relationships across the business to ensure delivery in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll own:
- Act as a strategic bridge between marketing and the global sales teams
- Partner with senior sales leadership to develop regional field strategies in conjunction with Marketing leadership
- Global Demand Generation Strategy and Execution
- Own and continue to build out an ABM (Account Based Marketing) practice, supporting 1:Many, 1:Few, and 1:1 with strategic accounts
- Determine appropriate marketing strategies for campaign effectiveness
- Work closely with the Global Partner team to develop partner marketing plans for growth and scale
- The strategic planning, creation and execution of all marketing activities for the region. Ensuring return of investment is tracked and the overall strategy is adjusted accordingly
- Work closely with the broader, marketing, sales, and other functional departments such as experience, sales success and authors to ensure campaigns in market are aligned to the core company go-to-market strategy
- Reporting and analytics around territories and sub territories, tracking program efficiency and ROI
- Sales Development Representatives responsible for inbound and outbound marketing to develop leads and drive early stage pipeline creation
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage existing team while building a talented team longer term as the business continues to meet targets and scale
- Significant budget management, ensuring spend remains on track and ROI is tracked to ensure support of the overall revenue growth targets
- Responsible for representing the marketing function during the quarterly business reviews key business insights and creating revised strategic plans for the region
Who you are:
- You are a strategic leader with the desire and ability to live in the detail and bring structure, rigor and scale to your team
- You are naturally collaborative in your approach to building relationships seeking the input of senior colleagues and team members alike
- You are a thought leader and thrive on executing creative and innovative programs with and through your team
- You get excited by tackling complex problems and have the ability to critically think through challenges at speed
- You take pride in the marketing activity that represents Anaplan both internally and externally, always ensuring that the work is of the highest quality
- You have the ability to create, build and foster sophisticated relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- You are a proven leader, who collaborates and leads your team to deliver tangible value to the business
Experience you’ll need:
- 10+ years of field and demand generation experience with a focus in software/technology
- Strong experience in marketing software into enterprise level clientele
- Experience of developing and the successful execution of ‘Go to Market’ strategies globally
- Demonstrates sophisticated leadership skills with experience with scaling teams as well as marketing activity
- Experience in negotiating contracts, arranging and overseeing staff and handling budgets
- Demonstrated experience working effectively under pressure while remaining positive, flexible, and open to feedback
- Proven experience interfacing with internal & external constituents
- Experience with relevant software applications including MS Office, Salesforce.com, Marketo, etc.
What We Offer:
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits
- Regular agile meetups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
- A range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice
Do you align with Anaplan’s Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 1400+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan’s platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree—Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.
Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it’s like to work at Anaplan.
Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN’T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY: