Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and razor-sharp Technical Program Manager to drive our Monetization team - the lifeblood of revenue at Pinterest. This role is complex, critical and evolving - you’ll identify and page in on the key drivers of revenue alongside the Head of Monetization and Directors of Revenue/Ads Product, Measurement and Shopping and bring order to ambiguity - if that sounds like fun, we’d love to hear from you! The right candidate will be an experienced program management leader - someone who is comfortable with strategy, budgeting, org structure - with a goal to improving overall velocity, and who’s been deeply in Monetization before, whether in Ads, Shopping, Measurement and Attribution or related.
What you’ll do:
- Develop strategy - Work cross-functionally with dedicated Product, engineering, product marketing, partnerships and other product groups to improve Monetization of a 300M+ MAU userbase at a Chief of Staff level
- Execute and run that strategy in Monetization for Pinterest - understand and improve the constraints of organization while balancing the need to fix for today against the future scaling Pinterest’s globally expanding business
- Build clear and transparent communication channels to align internal and external stakeholders and delivery teams
- Establish effective cross-functional processes to anticipate, understand, prioritize and exceed the needs and requirements of customers, especially strategic planning
- Be a trusted partner to execs/senior leaders; mitigate risks early, and grow out our investment in this area
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience in a technology management or product-forward role (product manager, engineering manager, program manager)
- Experience in Monetization - one of Ads (Buying, Pricing, and Marketplaces), Shopping (Catalog, Organic/Marketplace, Ads) or Measurement / Attribution, ideally with a large organic userbase, and more than one of these is a plus
- Prior Product Management experience or Chief of Staff experience, especially aligning exec stakeholders
- A strategic thinker. Continually identifies gaps and areas to improve with proper prioritization and communication to all stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. You have the ability to lead and develop a new operation from the ground up and can operate in ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills and cross-functional trust building
- Initiative and drive - ability to proactively identify issues, risks and opportunities