At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER to join our growing team in SAN FRANCISCO and contribute as a member of the Global Engineering Program Management Group located in San Francisco, Minneapolis, London and York, UK.
As an experienced Agilist and program guru, you will work closely with stakeholders across the product, engineering, and customer support organizations to plan the development and delivery of software releases. Your focus will be with partnering with teams based in the SF Bay Area, but you’ll have the opportunity to mix it up with our UK peeps as well. We’re a team that embraces and respects different perspectives towards our work. We aren’t afraid to try new ideas. We’re passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. This is a rewarding career with a company that values diversity and invests in you. You’ll need to be comfortable with multitasking, ready for constant change, and able to adapt quickly.
Located in the heart of the SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. We’re a high-growth company developing best-in-class solutions to planning at an enterprise scale. Our customers rely on Anaplan as an always-on shared source of truth as they navigate the constant change and planning required to stay on top in the marketplace—we're pioneering the Connected Planning discipline to help business make decisions more quickly and decisively than ever before.
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partnering up with engineering teams to help plan, develop, and release value to our customers
- Providing insight to the business by helping your teams to track metrics that align to business outcomes
- Always be improving our processes, practices, and culture so that we are at the top of our Agile game
- Building and maintaining cool dashboards in Jira and Confluence that show us where we are at and if we are going to make our marks
- Being part of a team that drives common approaches that make it simpler for the teams and leaders allowing them to focus on the big picture problems
More about you:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in an Agile PMO as a technical program manager, scrum master, release train engineer, or release manager
- 3+ years of experience working in a technical domain and 5-7 years as a Project Manager in an Agile environment
- Scrum Master Certification required
- Passionate about problem solving
- Strong history of using data to drive decisions
- Experience implementing a scaled framework for agile development
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to lead via influence, in cross-functional environments
- Excellent communication skills, in particular communicating technical concepts between audiences of varying backgrounds
- Experience with change management in particular new process definition/rollout
- Experience with software delivery, continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Capable in making tough decisions by gathering feedback from important stakeholders and then managing the change
Technologies you’ll work with:
- Jira, Jira Advanced Roadmaps, TaskTop
- Google Cloud & AWS
- Scripting languages
- PowerBI or similar data warehouse languages
- DevOps Background
- Product Owner/Manager Experience
What we offer:
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
- Regular agile meet-ups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
- Huge problems to solve –you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the most committed people around!