At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated TECHNICAL MARKETING MANAGER to join our growing team in SAN FRANCISCO and contribute as a member of the Global Product organization located in San Francisco, Minneapolis, London and York, UK.
Are you a passionate and results-oriented technical marketer with enterprise software background and want to join our growing product marketing team? Anaplan is disrupting the planning and decisions space with a purpose-built cloud platform for enterprise wide planning.
As a Technical Marketing Manager, you'll be working closely with the product management, engineering, competitive intelligence, pre-sales and solution consulting, and will be a subject matter expert (SME) for the Anaplan platform. You will work with a cross-functional team and develop technical collateral to highlight Anaplan’s platform capabilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Clearly articulate the technical differentiators of platform capabilities and create technical marketing and competitive collateral including technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations.
- Lead research activities to identify potential market opportunities for Anaplan, and support product management with roadmap prioritization.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of key competitors and lead technical competitive initiatives to collect and consolidate competitive intelligence and build out defensible analysis/proof points and positioning of the Anaplan platform.
- Be the liaison between product and pre-sales team to build out differentiated and value-based product demonstrations.
- Assist the sales and pre-sales teams with Technical RFPs.
- Participate in product launches to build technical product content and demos.
- Own and manage partnership related technical marketing activities.
- Work with field enablement and customer success teams to establish take-out approaches as part of standard sales plays.
More about you:
- Bachelor's and/or master’s degree in a related field in marketing, strategy, business administration, engineering, or science. MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in technical marketing, sales engineering, or competitive intelligence in the B2B enterprise software space or relevant experience in planning software product marketing, pre-sales or solution consulting.
- Outstanding communication skills including writing and content development
- Strong aptitude for analyzing competitor's products, and translating technical features into business value.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative research skills, including data analysis, data synthesis, SWOT analysis, and data driven recommendations is required.
- Experience developing technical presentations, whitepapers, product guides, briefs etc.
- Deep knowledge of cloud computing architectures and leading public cloud platforms
- High energy, creativity and can-do attitude with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work cross functionally across an organization with minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, work ethics and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
What we offer:
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
- Regular agile meet-ups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
- Huge problems to solve –you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the most committed people around!
Do you align with Anaplan’s Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time. With 900+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan’s platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree—Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it’s like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN’T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY: