Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About The Team
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the requirements, architecture, verification and validation of autonomous driving capabilities across engineering disciplines. This includes ensuring that safety constraints are met, which the Systems Engineering team accomplishes via requirement definition and system V&V. Systems Engineering works at the intersection of hardware and software with deep expertise in both.
About The Role
As a Vehicle Systems Engineer - Body System, you will closely work with the Products and Robots team spanning Hardware (Mechanical and EE) and Software (Embedded) to help build an Autonomous Ready Robotic Vehicle platform. You will be responsible for system and subsystem requirements, functional architecture, analysis and verification test plans for the Robot Platform focused on the Body System.
About Your Work
- Develop, decompose, document and communicate requirements for vehicle platform functions focussed on the Body System.
- Support the design and development of hardware and software of the body systems components and modules. Support development of specifications.
- Generate and maintain the functional architecture of the vehicle platform - body system and perform impact analysis. Influence the architecture in support of improving safety, robustness and capability.
- Perform and support system level analysis focused on meeting functionality, performance and failure identification.
- Work closely with the robots and systems team to develop test methodologies, test plans, and measure coverage.
- Support rapid prototyping and vehicle builds.
- Support safety initiatives for the vehicle platform focused on body systems.
- Support Robots team in managing suppliers and external partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree candidate in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Industrial or related field
- Experience in the automotive, commercial vehicle, powersports, aerospace or related industry
- Experience with actuators systems and user interfacing systems such as HMI’s / HCI
- Experience designing and developing hardware and software interfaces between systems
- Experience developing requirements and/or tests for medium complexity systems
- Grounded in systems engineering methods and practices and experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation, work instructions and user manuals
- Failure Analysis and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Product Safety
- Collaborative in nature, comfortable with a multiple stakeholders and an exceptional communicator
- Experience with function flow, process flow and block diagrams
- Hands on - you are just as comfortable working on a vehicle as you are at an engineering workstation
- Experience with designing user facing functions
- Experience with simulating systems ( Actuators, Power electronics, UX)
- Experience with various communication protocols used in systems for embedded, robotics, automotive or similar industries. (Ethernet, CAN, BroadR-Reach, etc)
- Experience working with diagnostics and/or testing
- Experience building and testing prototype vehicles
- Experience with HVAC systems
- Understanding of vehicle safety principles
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.